Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Java + Hadoop Developer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY
We are looking for a Java/Hadoop Developer to join the Lending development team that works on the LAL platform (Liquidity Access Line). Candidate will be involved in revamping our existing LAL platform for origination and servicing, to introduce more self-service options for clients to choose. Candidate will also make LAL enhancements on front-end and back-end to integrate with the digital lending platform. The candidate will be part of global team with members in U.S. and India. To be successful, the role will require the individual to understand the banking technology landscape, and to offer creative solutions that integrate current capabilities and proprietary system builds.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Implement in-house microservices for Lending Platform.
* Conduct intense code-reviews and follow best coding practices.
* Design and develop Java applications as well as multi-tier Java EE style applications in finance technology supporting all lending business lines.
* Collaborate with multiple technology teams that are upstream and downstream to the application which include Data Warehouse, LoanIQ and firms GL system etc.
* Work as part of a banking Agile Squad.* Work in the Agile development methodologies, collaborating with business and technology teams located globally.
* 8+ years of hands-on development experience in a high paced, pressure-oriented environment.
* Proven record of accomplishment of delivering utilizing Core Java 1.8+, Hibernate, Microservices Framework like Spring Boot, Event driven Services, Cloud Native Applications development.
* Hands on experience with Web API, Junit/TDD, KAFKA, GIT, JIRA and Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive etc?).
* Strong knowledge of CI CD Pipelines, Code quality analysis tools like Sonar, find bug.
* Strong understanding of database analysis & design including SQL, indexes, and query tuning.
* Ability to analyze the business requirement and define the appropriate design with respect to data modeling, configuration, and customization of Margin Lending applications.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), listening skills, influencing and negotiation skills.
* Excellent analytical skills and experience working with Agile Development methodologies.
* Practical experience with SDLC best practices, such as: design, implementation, code review, CICD, unit test cases.
* Experience with performance trouble shooting, remediation, data model designing and modeling tools.
* Ability to develop and follow change management processes for consistent and maintainable versions.
* Hands on experience in building applications in the Cloud.
* Working knowledge of financial markets, lending-based products, and Wealth Management.
* Minimum Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.