Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Java Developer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY (Hybrid Option)
The client is looking for a highly skilled Java (Services/Backend/Cloud) developer with who can take ownership for the whole end to end delivery, performing analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of large-scale and distributed applications and Angular web front end.
• Strong Java developer (4+ years), who has good grasp of functional and reactive programming.
• Experience in using Spring Containers (with Spring Boot) for enterprise applications. Experience in building data-intensive / real time applications and scaling of applications (multithreading, performance, maintainability, and robustness)
• Working experience on XML, JSON, SOAP, REST Services. Proficiency in Java 8 (Lambdas, Streams, Completable Future, Optional, generics)
• Experience in developing REST APIs using Spring Boot 2.0 (reactive) and skilled in Open API (swagger) specification.
• Working knowledge of backend web development technology topics like APIs, asynchronous messaging, and cloud computing.
• Experience in relational data bases like DB2 or PostgreSQL.
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices, writing test cases with testing frameworks like Junit, Cucumber, Rest assured.
• Basic knowledge on Unix / shell scripting and RDBMS like Sybase.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to a broad audience of business, product, and technology team members
• Familiarity with Agile development and DevOps concepts.
Nice to have:
• Experience with no-SQL databases such as Mongo DB.
• Experience with distributed systems architecture concepts such as micro services, service meshes and API gateways, XML , SOAP.
• Experience with software development and collaboration tools (GitHub, Jira/Rally, Confluence, etc.)
• Experience in using GIT for source control management, and Automated Build Deployment tools (eg: Jenkins)
• Significant open source or other community contribution.
• Web front-end developer with HTML5/Angular experience
Pay Range: $66-$81/hour