Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Risk Management Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- Risk Evaluation Management (REM) is an AML function that is responsible for conducting a risk evaluation of new and existing clients with certain high-risk attributes. A risk evaluation is a holistic assessment of these high-risk attributes reviewing in conjunction with the client’s profile to determine whether to on-board or maintain the relationship from an AML perspective. To achieve this goal, a REM analyst needs to be able to understand risk concepts, identify root causes, and analyze complex issues.
- Assess various components of the client profile to support the disposition of the client. This may include Client Information, Ownership Structure, Name Screening Matches, EDD, Product Profile, and Local Requirements.
- Identify and analyze interconnected risks within a client profile.
- When necessary, independently investigate risks components to understand context and resolve material issues.
- Provide clear, concise, and self-sustaining risk analyses that support the ultimate disposition of each profile reviewed.
- Disposition each profile in a timely and effective manner.
- Escalate AML concerns or any significant suspicious activities to senior management
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- AML Certification preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to critically think and assess complex issues.
- Recent working knowledge of AML legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend new and complex products.
- Commitment to understanding country-specific principles and business knowledge related to AML regulations.
- Proactive, organized, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to manage and complete multiple tasks on time.
- Understanding appropriate escalation and follow-up methods when potential AML risk is identified.
- Ability to independently refer to policies and procedures and put into context with regards to this role.
Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience