Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Linux Administrator consultant on a contract basis.
San Diego, CA
Position: Linux Administrator, R&ED IT, Run Operational Excellence Services
Location: Campus Point – San Diego, CA
***This position requires 50% Onsite in SD***
At our company, digital innovation and Information Technology are central to our vision of transforming patients lives through science. To accelerate our ability to serve patients around the world, we must unleash the power of technology.
We are committed to being at the forefront of transforming the way medicine is made and delivered by harnessing the power of computer and data science, artificial intelligence, and other technologies to promote scientific discovery, faster decision making, and enhanced patient care.
In working with our Digital Capability Managers (DCM), Support Capability Leads and the Lab Compute Services team, the candidate will be responsible for managing and providing support for all company R&ED Lab Linux systems.
The focus of this role is to develop and provide unified support for Linux systems with a focus on delivering first class support to company
• Acquire in-depth knowledge of Lab systems, processes, and networks.
• Develop Linux system support runbook to establish unified support for R&ED Linux systems.
• Responsible for lifecycle management and support of Linux Lab Systems.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the applications running on Linux systems and the business workflows.
Qualifications & Experience
• Requires significant knowledge of the principles and concepts of Linux support and administration typically gained through a university degree and 3-5 years of experience or technical school and relevant certifications plus 5 years of experience.
• Knowledge of Linux environments to include CentOS, RHEL and Ubuntu.
• Experience with shell scripting in UNIX/Linux environments a plus.
• Strong organizational skills, quick learner, and demonstrated problem solver.
• Excellent interpersonal, documentation and communication skills.
• Actively participates in troubleshooting of routine problems.
Develop and document improvement opportunities to mitigate reoccurring problems.
• Demonstrates awareness of functional business context and the impact of support to the business.
Pay Range: $84-85