Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Linux System Engineer/Admin on a long term contract basis.
The client is is seeking a Systems Engineer to join the Systems and Storage team. This team is responsible for enterprise storage, virtualization, OS, backup/recovery, and server hardware. The Systems Engineer is responsible for administration and operational duties for a diverse set of technologies with a focus on Linux and Storage. The position requires excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to work independently to meet team goals and objectives.
– Participate in all aspects of server lifecycle management for Linux servers on-premises and in the public cloud to include: deployment, maintenance, security, decommission as needed
– Lead security focused efforts of hardening the Linux environment through iptables, MFA, SSH, and bastion servers
– Identify areas where automation for operational improvement of day-to-day manual tasks can be deployed across various Systems & Storage technologies
– Respond to and resolve alerts associated with Linux, storage, and VMware events
– Maintain current and accurate operational documentation for team technologies
– Leverage enterprise tools to monitor, analyze, troubleshoot systems and make informed decisions for workload optimization
– Collaborate with other infrastructure teams in the troubleshooting and resolution of escalated system and application related issues
– Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
– 7+ years of proven experience in managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux and VMware
– Proven skills using Bash, Python, PowerShell or Ansible
– Familiarity with the following technologies a plus: NetApp file & block, Rubrik data management
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Experience supporting Linux systems running Oracle
The hiring of this Systems Engineer will provide skill set to focus on the migration of workloads from our on-premise data centers into VMware Cloud on AWS. This project is expected to take at least 12 months to complete. During this time, the systems and storage team will need to support applications on-premise and in the public cloud. An additional contractor on the team will help bridge the knowledge gaps that currently exist and allow us to support business critical applications regardless of where the applications run.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of the engagement and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of services.