Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Loan Operations Reconciliations Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
Work Location: New Castle, DE
- Preparing and storing evidence to support the proposed matching of reconciliation breaks.
- Obtaining approvals for break clearance.
- Meeting quality and productivity service levels in the investigation and clearance of breaks.
- Identifying root causes of breaks and opportunities to improve automated break matching logic in the future.
- Immediately escalating risks and issues identified during the break investigation and closure process.
- Investigating ad hoc queries related to breaks.
- Completing regular metrics reporting.
- 2+ years of work experience in financial services operations, finance and/or accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of Institutional Client Loan Operations preferred.
- Knowledge of reconciliations, accounting, and controls required.
- Strong data and Excel skills.
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process. Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment.
- Integrates a solid understanding of industry, business standards and practices of loan documentation processes.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how the loan function collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals.
- Acts as a coordinator to provide support to more senior members of the team on various loans related projects and initiatives.
- Provides value-added perspective or advice that contributes to the development of new solutions and the improvement of the loan documentation processes for the area.
- Resolves complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards.
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations, mostly but not limited to the loan documentation process.
- Responsible for escalating control gaps and issues to senior management.
- Identifies loan related control deficiencies and implements appropriate procedures and solutions to mitigate any risk or control losses.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce expenses.
- Influences decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization.
- Assumes informal/formal leadership role within the team, is involved in the coaching and training of new recruits, and provides guidance and support to Junior Staff.
- Creates, develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders, and seeks to understand their needs and provides solutions.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience.
- Bachelor’s/University Degree or equivalent experience