Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Maintenance Technician consultant on a contract basis.
• Participates in a detailed training program, in order to develop as an SME in the maintenance operations field.
• Leads the evaluation of maintenance procedures and recommends and implements changes to optimize the maintenance program.
• Develops, revises and reviews related SOPs or job plans/work plans for work related areas.
• Ensures all assigned work is completed within the assigned scheduled shift.
• Performs various “Housekeeping” activities (i.e. keeping work areas clean, cleaning of equipment etc.).
• Acts as immediate representative of the maintenance supervisory staff and participates in departmental meetings.
• Ensures that all maintenance documents are complete and accurate and submitted in a timely fashion.
• Supports on-call response.
• Provides Subject Matter Expertise in at least one Unit Operation or Technique within Maintenance and Clean Utilities Operation.
• Provides Training to Maintenance Staff on Area where he/she is Subject Matter Expert.
• Participates actively in Failure Modes and Effect Analysis.
• Revises and updates documentation related to Job Plans, Work Instructions or SOPs.
• Contact with other members of the Maintenance Team as well as members of the Metrology/Asset Management Team.
• Associates/Specialists will have daily contact with her/his supervisory staff for work assignments, coaching and general management discussions.
• Occasional contact with other line management staff relating to specific project responsibilities may be expected.
Education and skills required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of 6 years directly related experience one of the following fields: clean utilities operations / maintenance, process equipment maintenance.
• Ability to interact and communicate directly with Operations staff to minimize impact to production activities.
• Basic knowledge of computer systems used in business, previous experience using automated work orders and job instructions desired.
Additional job details:
• Basic lifting involved
• Accessing large manufacturing equipment
• Exposure to chemicals
• Access to secured areas
• Exposure to confined space
• Ability to work at different heights
• Work is performed in a state-of-the-art large scale cell culture facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
• These roles require some contact with hazardous materials such as caustic, and steam.
• Requires overtime, weekend, and on-call duty.
• Decision making upon consultation with Manager
• May work on assignments that are extremely complex in nature where independent action and a high degree of initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
• Incumbents normally have little to no instructions on routine work and assist with the creation of detailed instructions on new assignments.
• Incumbents act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
• No formal supervision exercised, but may be required to provide guidance, oversee the activities, and participate in the on-the-job training of less experienced staff.