Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a MES Engineer consultant on a contract basis.
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Provide central support for site integrated manufacturing execution platform. Assure reliable 24/7 operation of integrated manufacturing systems. Develop methods for maintaining and documenting adherence to company policies and procedures for manufacturing and information systems.
TITLE Sr. Specialist MES Engineer
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain a MES support strategy that integrates process knowledge, equipment design, and quality standards with information technology to reduce down-time, elevate the level of regulatory compliance, and introduce efficiency gains through effective use of available technologies.
2. Implement manufacturing information and reporting systems that support the creation of paperless batch records and facilitate product release.
3. Responsible for authoring recipe (simple to moderate changes) using Functional specification provided by Manufacturing Lead in Syncade system. Ability to troubleshoot the recipe as well.
4. Work closely with the Enterprise and Vendor to provide support in the evaluation and implementation of MES application upgrades, hotfixes etc.
5. Monitor systems performance and review logs and diagnostic information and respond appropriately.
6. Understand the manufacturing processes and system configuration and make informed recommendations regarding optimal system configuration.
7. Support software and configuration required for external systems interfaces such as DeltaV, SAP, LIMS, PI and Maximo.
8. Provide support for deviation assessment, RCA for process or automation related events that can lead to CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Action). Act as Lead for Low and Medium risk investigation.
9. Strong Technical writing skills for updating SOPs, WI, Knowledgebase articles etc.
10. Provide on-call support for Syncade system on as required basis.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
• Successful candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelors degree in an Engineering field with at least 2 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in the biotechnology sector.
• A successful candidate will have knowledge and experience with MES technologies. Syncade and DeltaV would be preferable. MS Windows Server and SQL server also a plus.
• Successful candidate will possess:
• Demonstrated experience working in diverse, multi-disciplined work groups.
• Experience and/or substantial understanding of process control principles and common system vendors available products.
• Skills in ISA88 batch, historian technology, databases, and reporting systems.
• Ability to work in a diverse work environment, manage multiple priorities, and at times, be self-directed.
• Excellent written and communication skill are required.
• Candidate must have a flexible and creative work style with a goal of attaining excellence.