Our client, a leading financial company is hiring a TPM Middle Office Desk Support Product Specialist & Controller on a contract basis.
NY, New York. Hybrid, 2/3 days a week.
TPM (Third Party Management) Middle Office Desk Support Product Specialist & Controller
As part of the Trade & Position Management (TPM) function of the Global Markets Middle Office (GM MO), the TPM MO Product Specialist & Controller plays a key role in supporting the GM MO operating model as a front-loaded control environment that drives data quality.
The group focuses on the early identification and efficient resolution of data issues to ensure high-quality, timely data is delivered from the Front Office to downstream functions, such as Finance and Risk.
Primary Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
• Review PV and Risk impact on portfolio movements, new deals, life-cycle events, cancel and amends.
• Perform periodic intraday checks to ensure trade and market data quality, completion of life-cycle events, and accurate trade capture, working with the Front Office on cut-off times.
• Perform life-cycle events, corporate action, and query management.
• Perform inter-system reconciliations and breaks resolution.
• Perform daily checks of internal trades between trade systems.
• Perform detailed root cause analysis on trade amendments.
• Review market data for quality and accuracy of the data (identifying stale, incorrect and missing data), ensuring identified errors are corrected prior to the end of day.
• Work with Global Data Services (GDS) to support efforts to improve the quality of daily market data feeds and data sources.
• Apply judgment to operational situations in a fast paced environment to drive progress.
• Identify potential financial risk to the bank and ensure proper resolution is achieved within the bank’s guidelines.
• Escalate as needed to whom necessary any issues that may cause financial loss to the bank or that could affect client relationships.
Length of assignment – 1 year.
Mid office trading assistant exposure.
Risk and P&L knowledge.
3+ years of experience in the asset class (What is an asset class? An asset class is a group of similar investment vehicles. Different classes, or types, of investment assets – such as fixed-income investments – are grouped together based on having a similar financial structure. They are typically traded in the same financial markets and subject to the same rules and regulations.).
With specific knowledge of derivatives.
Minimum of a BA/BS degree in financial or related field, or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Detailed understanding of derivatives P&L and Risk (such as market risk, sensitivities, liquidity, interest rate and FX risk) and the ability to understand and explain movements in both.
• Knowledge of financial processing systems and accounting.
• Excellent analytical and PC skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to operate autonomously without direct supervision. Ability to analyze and make decisions quickly in the event of a problem.
• Seasoned written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact effectively with senior operational and trading management.
• Ability to manage a network of diverse stakeholders in person and remotely.
• Ability to quickly grasp new industry practices and create/document new processes.
• Proactive thought leadership to identify and deliver process improvements and efficiencies.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM Requirements):
• Display an understanding of and adherence to internal controls, as well as relevant regulatory guidelines and controls, and promote the awareness of the same.
• Maintain awareness of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
• Ensure compliance with operational risk controls in accordance with internal and/or regulatory standards and policies; optimize relations with regulators by addressing inquiries.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the company brand and adheres to the company values.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM Requirements):
• Maintain company internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above are reflected in year-end performance assessments.
• Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all applicable internal and external rules, regulations and procedures.
Pay Rate $33 – $43 per hour.