Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring an Application Programmer on a long-term contract basis.
- Looking for resources with good development experience and good systems engineering knowledge who can, not only build excellent automatons but also if needed go really deep and understand and troubleshoot application issues in production.
- To be the technical subject matter expert for CHEF, automation and CI/CD in a new Infrastructure tooling and transformation team that will be responsible for identifying and implementing new tools and standards along with improving/standardizing the existing tools and processes followed by CTI IT Infrastructure Systems and Tooling Engineering Teams. Contribute significantly to defining the standard development tools and processes used by infrastructure operations teams and ensuring the same are consistently used by the sector infrastructure development teams across the globe while meeting business and country specific requirements as appropriate.
- To ensure development excellence in the way we solution, provision, instrument, manage and continuously improve the IT development and operations of the clients Technology Infrastructure Services.
- To provide technical leadership around building a Chef based automation framework that facilitates efficiencies around infrastructure operations.
- To help build standards around CI/CD and dev ops processes and use them actively to deliver business relevant solutions and automations for the CTI Teams.
- To have in depth understanding of architecture and design principles around Docker, Containers, Object Oriented Programming and Agile Development and use the same to build frameworks with standards and guidelines.
- To be accountable for vetting the correctness of the build architecture solution of new projects.
- To mentor technical resources for them to be able to adopt Chef based automation in their respective teams.
- To drive continuous improvement and facilitate adoption of relevant infrastructure tools as per currently established standards.
- To understand the current environment and processes being followed in Operations Team.
- To help identify automation and improvement opportunities and quickly implement them with quality.
- To understand and promote adoption of standards to ensure consistency and efficiency across the organization.
- To identify processes/procedures that are not congruent with organization/industry standards & suggest improvements.
- To identify and carry out any ad hoc office/operations tasks with the goal of improving IT development and operations.
- Timely development and completion automation initiatives (cycle time).
- Quality of output, Conforms to best practices and processes. Is thoroughly tested and defter free.
- Identifying and developing Infrastructure Operation relevant automations.
- Stability of the infrastructure & risk-minimization initiatives.
- Identification of the architectural/design of relevant infrastructure automation frameworks and solutions.
- Promote highly scalable architecture standards.
- Project timelines – for special projects undertaken.
- 2-3+ years hand on experience and expert level understanding of Chef across Unix and Wintel Platforms.
- 1-2+ years hand on experience and expert level understanding of Ansible across Unix and Wintel Platforms
- 3-5 years as expert software design and application development knowledge in Python, Ruby, or any Object-Oriented language
- 3-5 years practical experience of Agile and in depth understanding of its principles, KANBAN.
- Platform automation hands on experience
- 1-3 year’s experience with CI/CD based development.
- 1-3 year’s experience of design, system tuning & performance improvements on distributed systems.
- 5+ years experience supporting/developing on Red Hat LINUX
- Must be able to structure, plan and execute strategic initiatives with the right project discipline
- Ability to work effectively with virtual and remote teams
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem management skills in a high-pressure environment. .
- Very strong written, spoken and presentation communication skills
- Commitment to quality, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
- Focus on delivery and execution; able to focus on details while seeing big picture
- Experience and ease in interfacing with Senior Management and technical support teams
- Ability to organize and manage many varying priorities.
- Elastic Search / ELK
- Project Management: Foundation
- Technical Knowledge: Expert
- Processes / Procedures: Advanced
- Customer and Industry Knowledge: Foundation
- Commercial and Financial Acumen: Foundation
- Risk Management: Proficient
- Leadership and Professional
Team (People) Leadership: Foundation
- Personal Agility/Continuous improvement: Proficient
- Execution Excellence: Advanced
- Managing Innovation: Proficient
- Change Management: Proficient
- Strategic Orientation: Proficient
- Stakeholder Management: Proficient
- Client Centricity: Proficient
- Effective Communication: Proficient
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: Advanced
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or other equivalent qualifications