Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Loan Documentation & Processing Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
Work Location: New Castle, DE
- The Loan Doc & Proc Intermediate Assoc. Ayst. is a developing professional role which integrates in-depth specialty knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices; demonstrates good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub-function/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process.
- Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment.
- Integrates a solid understanding of industry and business standards and practices of loan documentation processes.
- Deals with most loan-related problems independently and has some latitude to resolve complex issues, where expertise is required to interpret against policies, guidelines or processes.
- Applies judgment when interpreting data, preparing reports, and presents findings to management
- Makes resolution recommendations based on identified trends and facts.
- Designs and analyzes complex reports often related, but not limited to loan documentation processes to satisfy management requirements and support/control activities.
- Participates in and supports the implementation of projects and process improvement initiatives.
- Interprets data and makes recommendations for the launch of new products/ services and upgraded platforms that loan documentation/processing functions.
- Demonstrates a understanding of the loan documentation processes to identify policy gaps and formulate policies to support the streamlining of related work processes.
- Minimizes risk to the bank through a solid understanding of procedural requirements – provides solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies. Servers as a checker for systematic transactions as a last line of defense.
- Timely escalation and resolution of all inquiries and issues related to loan documentation.
- Applies a solid understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the sub-unit.
- Provides informal guidance and/or on-the-job-training to new team members.
- Works closely with own team and internal stakeholders in order to meet client needs.
- Has direct interaction with external customers to disseminate or explain information.
- Individuals who are emerging as an expert in a specific skill set, business area or product but who remain focused primarily on daily execution.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the company, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years relevant experience.
- Can work well under pressure and multi-task with a sense of urgency.
- Proactive to escalate issues and drive change on process.
- Deliver results and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with team members within and outside of own team.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed.
- Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s/University Degree or equivalent experience