Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Network Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- The individual in this position is expected to understand and follow Command Center Operations operating procedures, daily support practices, major incident support, etc. and provide feedback to the leadership team, for the purpose of continuous service improvement and operational excellence. Maintaining an awareness of all Command Center workflows and automation/efficiency opportunities, they should be able to provide input to management on automation enhancements and workflow optimization opportunities.
- It is expected that the candidate has demonstrated historical competency in Network while also has the technical aptitude to progress towards cross disciplinary technology operations support.
- Provide Tier I Technical Support for the company’s global technology infrastructure.
- Resolve simple, automated, and scripted incidents.
- Execute or implement simple, automated, and scripted changes or infrastructure requests.
- Provide timely response to phone calls into the Command Center Technical Support hotline from internal colleagues, business clients, vendors, and technology teams.
- Troubleshoot and provide client support for technology and infrastructure issues.
- Recognize severe events as they occur and engage Command Center Management immediately upon awareness of severe technology degradation.
- Document and update incident technical details into ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Escalate issues to Tier II support if unable to resolve through initial triage and troubleshooting that are within the Command Center operating procedures.
- Communicate with Command Center Management to provide frequent status updates regarding technical issues and status of the remediation efforts.
- Execution of standard operational processes which involve technology and client interfaces.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware related issues across Cisco, Nexus, Arista, and Juniper devices.
- Perform hardware replacements for non-critical environments.
- Troubleshoot software or configuration related issues for Cisco, Nexus, Arista, and Juniper devices.
- Adhere to operating procedures and identify any breaches of the process in normal handling of incident tickets.
- Execute network failovers for all routing protocols, especially BGP, OSP, and EIGRP.
- Identify and remediate possible major impacting events within the network.
- Work with vendors across the technology to provide the highest possible uptime rate of network services.
- Quickly identify the layer 1 and 2 connections to an IP address.
- Perform all triage functions.
- 1-2+ years of hands-on enterprise network operations support experience
- Intermediate understanding of OSI model and troubleshooting of technology related issues
- Intermediate understanding of network protocols (to include but not limited to): OSPF EIGRP BGP MPLS RSTP STP HSRP VRRP VRF VTP DHCP DNS CDP LLDP ARP FTP TFTP
- CCNA level knowledge and experience
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable in stressful situations
- Can effectively communicate with both management as well as non-technical personnel on any technology issue to ensure they understand the nature of the issue and current statue easily understood on any outage conference calls
- Detail oriented self-motivated goal driven
- Intermediate familiarity with Cisco IOS and Nexus NX-OS