Our client, a leading healthcare company is hiring a Network Architect on a contract basis.
New York, NY – Hybrid
- Be the liaison to key strategic partners/vendors to ensure technology roadmaps are maintained and updated As the Architect, the individual is responsible for maintaining awareness of technologies pertinent to the MCIT goals and objectives. The Architect will work collaboratively with all constituents from the MCIT community and serve a tech leadership function for the effective use of technologies to maintain world-class operations and delivery of solutions.
- The Architect drives the technology solution set and architectural design of the Infrastructure Strategic Plan, as well as assists with tactical decisions. There is a matrixed relationship between the CTO and the Infrastructure group; it will be necessary to work together to define and maintain the overall architecture. Infrastructure architect will align deliverables to meeting the enterprise objectives through leveraging the technical environment, architecture, and relationship.
- This position will have dotted reporting to VP, Infrastructure.
- Scope of technology oversight for the Network Architect includes Data Center, Cloud, Campus, and Remote Site Networks, Wireless and other Mobility Solutions, Network Security, IoT, OT, Smart Building, and others.
- B.S. degree in information systems, computer science or related field
- 15 years in technology architecture, management, security, and related specialties; Healthcare experience preferred; understanding of the requirements of an integrated academic medical center.
- Industry Certifications a plus: (CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, AWS Solution Architect)
- Experience managing multiple projects and initiatives.
- Industry vendor knowledge and established relationships
- Effective speaker, collaborative worker, and good writing skills
- Able to translate complex technical information and implications in business-oriented language.
- Experience with enterprise Architecture Review Board and governance structure
- Demonstrates broad knowledge across multiple technologies domains.
- Must possess intimate knowledge of Intent Based Networking (IBN), Software Defined
- Network (SDN), SD-WAN technologies, Cisco and Arista networking technologies and architecture
- Knowledge of hybrid multi cloud architecture, public cloud adoption framework, workload and application cloud migration strategy
- Deep knowledge of perimeter technologies such as Next Gen Firewall, Web Application Firewall (WAF), Global Server Load Balancing, DHCP, DNS, and SASE
- Authentication and remote access technologies, SSO, SAML2.0, OAuth
- Industry experience with key networking and network security technologies and well-established relationship with vendors as well as relationship with various forums and experts.
- Knowledge of developing, setting and driving standards while operationalizing various technologies
- Ability to work across disciplines and in a matrix environment to deliver results through influence.
- Ability present/collaborate complex topics to all levels of staff.
- Proven track record of leveraging vendors and value-added-resellers to the highest level in the best interests of the firm.
- Demonstrates tech leadership for the respective technologies Demonstrates collaborative leadership and be the advocate.
- Deliver H’s technology strategy and direction across various network domains.
- Develop and publish network strategies, advocate for strategy alignment, and drive actions to end users that deliver infrastructure value
- Perform as network SME on H Architecture Review Board, hybrid multi-cloud networking, initial new technology deployments, developing business cases, and conducting RFPs
- Define, champion, and conduct pilots and proof of concepts and innovations with service owners for new and emerging network related technologies
- Continuously enhancing safety, quality and value of care
- Transforming the digital patient and clinician experience
- Empowering researchers
- Supporting continuous learning
- Building the high reliability IT organization
- Transforming productivity and the digital workforce experience
- Improving information security
- Enablement and enforcement of compliance of standards within Infrastructure technology domains Operationalize and drive compliance of standards within technology areas.
- Ensures execution of multi-year strategies, projects, and ensure adherence to technology standards within the respective tech towers.
- Execution guidance within Technology Domains (design, solution, vendor selection); ensure optimization of use and reuse of technology assets.
- Set the multi-year strategies and roadmaps and works with various IT leaders across
- Clinical, Education, and Research (Focused on Infrastructure Technologies). Seen as the Authority over respective technology domains with broad knowledge of industry technologies and connectivity to industry best practices and technologies
- Permanent member of the “Infrastructure” Architecture Review Board – design authority.
- Provides expertise and shares an understanding of current capability gaps, architectural gaps,
- and market and industry trends that can be used to set future direction.
- Leads the definition and communication of architecture standards, guidelines, and statements of direction by providing expertise and guidance to engineers on the design and establishment of architecture standards to ensure alignment with IT strategy and target architecture.
- Reviews, contributes to, and approves architecture standards or controls which allow business needs to be met.
- Develops and establishes architectural best practices that guide the design of technology solutions.
- Lead and drive the various levels of Infrastructure Architecture Review Processes and work with enterprise architecture to drive execution of strategies and key projects.
- Ensure infrastructure architecture framework (roadmaps, product life cycle, reference
- architecture) are established and put in place.
- Aid technology domains in driving operational excellence through institution of agile processes and technologies to drive quick provisioning, accurate configurations, repeatable processes/implementations.
Pay Range: $90.00-$100.00/hr