Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Network Automation and Monitoring Engineer (Senior Network Engineer I) on a long-term contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Hybrid Option)
Job Title: Network Automation Engineer (Senior Network Engineer I)
Location(s): Remote, NJ
The Network Automation Engineer will work directly within the team to streamline existing processes and design new workflows via network automation, as well as help configure and maintain robust network monitoring solutions. The Network Automation Engineer will build and maintain automation scripts for network configuration and management to support network operations and project activities. Their core function is to transform previously manual onboarding, configuration, provisioning, and software management processes to simplify and scale network operations and greatly minimize configuration errors.
- Manage the Ansible server, Playbooks, device inventory and maintenance.
- Leverage scripting languages like: Python, Powershell or YAML to automate network tasks.
- Assist in Managing existing SolarWinds platform including NCM, Orion, NPM, and IPAM
- Utilize SolarWind’s NCM scripting platform to automate network tasks, alerts and change deployments.
- Assist with Cisco’s DNA Center management with automation and ZTP.
- Configure and maintain network alerts, failover workflows and SNMP traps
- Ability to create high quality diagrams and network documentation for network design, implementation, and support processes
- Make recommendations for process optimizations and improvements via automations
- Help train staff on use of the automated process and scripts they create.
- 4+ Years’ experience in network engineering or network-centric software development
- 4+ Years’ experience with scripting languages, deployment orchestration, and version control (Python, PowerShell, Ansible, YAML)
- Experience developing, maintaining, and understanding network device configuration for Cisco switching, core, and wireless platforms
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting alerts, SNMP traps and monitoring in SolarWinds NCM and Orion or Similar platforms
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy required
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language required
- Experience with GIT hub
- Check Point API experience
- Experience with SolarWinds NCM automation platform
- Cisco Certifications or experience
- Palo Alto automation experience
- AZURE cloud experience
- Service Now experience
- Ansible Tower or Ansible galaxy experience
- SOAR Platform experience (XSOAR, Siemplify)
- Thousand Eyes network monitoring platform
Pay Range: $60- $80/ hour