Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Network Engineer on a long term contract basis.
As a core EI pillar, the ENS (Enterprise Network Services) Engineering team is responsible for Design and deployment of Data and voice network infrastructure leveraging cutting edge technologies to provide network connectivity with best possible user-experience.
The team has an opportunity for an experienced Data Network engineer. The role will be highly focused on developing and documenting high & low-level network designs & deployment guides and migration runbooks. Successful candidates will also be involved in cross-silo design discussions, co-ordination with Vendors and at times engage with Operations team & TAC to assist in troubleshooting.
The candidate will be responsible for:
– Support IT projects and Transformation programs for the firm.
– Work with Project / Program team and other technology stake holders to deliver solution that fit the purpose.
– Developing high quality design documents for Network infrastructure.
– Follow industry best-practices to develop network design.
– Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objective are well-defined and met for all designs delivered.
– Develop runbook for service migration from old to new network.
– Present designs in various technology forums.
– Participate in Design discussions with various teams to drive consensus.
– The successful candidate will have 5+ year experience in a similar position in an equivalent Financial Services firm; ( candidates without financial services experience can also be considered if they have exceptional technical networking skills especially from service provider/ carrier, or network equipment resellers )
– Hands-on experience with Data Network skills; expert IP routing and LAN switching troubleshooting skills
– An excellent knowledge of data networking principles as well as an excellent knowledge of the specific technologies to manage and support high-speed networks
– Working knowledge on Firewalls and Load-balancers
– Ethernet technologies: SPT, 802.1Q, VPC, Multilayer Switching; Leaf-Spine IP Fabric
– WAN technologies: SONET/SDH, MPLS, Classic TDM
– Protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPBGP, TCP/IP
– Multicast routing: PIM, IGMP, MSDP
– Working knowledge on SDN, VXLAN, SDWAN, DMVPN
– Platform knowledge on Cisco Switching & Routing Platforms
– Nexus 9000 Series Data Centre Switching Platform
– Catalyst 4500 series, 6800 Series and 9000 Series Switches
– ASR 1000x Series RoutersoASR9000 Series Routers
– Platform Knowledge on Arista Switching platforms
– Working knowledge on various Network OS
– Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NXOS, IOS-XR
– Arista EOS
– Juniper JunOS
– Working knowledge on Wireless Technologies
– Certifications: CCIE R&S or equivalent is desirable. Juniper, Arista certifications desirable
– Experience with scripting / automation using Python / Ansible is a strong plus.