Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Network Engineer on a long term contract basis.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of Eaton Vances network communications, architecture including network security, server connectivity, LANs, WAN, Wireless, DNS, and general network problem solving. They will also be a key contributor assisting the team in new Infrastructure designs, as well as configuration and assessment of infrastructure related POCs and projects. The ideal candidate would not only possess the requirements listed below but also be energetic, flexible, and committed to excellence.
1. Ensure that network issues arising on a day-to-day operation are identified, reported, and technically resolved or properly escalated
2. Plan, monitor, evaluate, and manage performance of network systems and makes recommendations for improvement/upgrades
3. Provides hands on technical assistance and resolution for network problems.
4. Provide support for technical needs for various business groups, individuals, and related systems
5. Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise
6. Maintain all routers and switches in various network configurations support
7. Acts as the primary interface with equipment vendors for resolving problems
8. Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
9. Has the ability to identify where redundant tasks might be automated and assist in the automation process
1. 3-5+ years experience with switching and routing in wide and local area networks
2. Experience in Configuration & Change Management processes (preferably ITIL)
3. Strong grasp of networking concepts and design (OSI model)
4. Solid knowledge of fundamental switching and routing protocols, including but not limited to Spanning Tree, VLANs, 802.1q, OSPF, BGP.
5. Knowledge at an advanced level of TCP/IP networks, connections, wiring and cabling, and network management
6. Experience with Layer 4 Firewalls
7. Experience with Layer 7 / Next Gen Firewalls a plus
8. Knowledge of trusted credentials (e.g., tokens, 802.1x, SAML)
9. Experience in implementing and monitoring audit and event logging and analysis
10. Experience and knowledge of DNS and IPAM management a plus
11. Experience and knowledge of Bluecoat Web filtering or similar technology web proxy / web caching tool
12. Experience of Meraki Wireless technology a plus.
13. Excellence in testing and documentation of procedures
14. Scripting skills a real plus (python, shell, power-tools etc.)
15. Familiarity with script-driven software network automation and automation tools a plus