Our client, a leading healthcare company is hiring a Network Engineer on a contract basis.
- Be a key player of our Network Services Engineering team. This team of network professionals is responsible for all new technology solutions and implementations into the network infrastructure. The environment is fluid, constantly changing, challenging, and fast paced. You will work on the latest technology in an environment that encourages growth and development.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required; College Degree preferred.
- 8 years direct experience with Cisco switching, routing and security.
- 5 years of data networking experience in a highly available environment.
- CCNA Required, CCNP Preferred.
- Excellent knowledge as well as configuration of network devices, including switches (7Ks/9Ks/IOS/NXOS), routers, firewalls (ASA/Palo Alto), Citrix load balancers, Cisco wireless controllers and access points, Cloud technologies, SD-WAN
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, EIGRP and BGP routing protocols is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, event correlation and trending skills.
- Experience with Network Management practices, procedures and tools.
- Python Scripting knowledge is a +.
- Knowledge of ACI (Application Centric Infrastructure) Technology a ++.
- Team player with a constructive approach, committed to the success of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, time management and prioritization skills.
- Provide expert network engineering support on various application/facilities/Infrastructure network related projects.
- Coordinate with operational, engineering and security groups on projects and technologies.
- Support multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Maintain and provide network hardware and software standards for existing and upcoming technologies.
- Document all aspects of the project and create Hand-over document for Operations.
- Develop and review network related process/standards documents to improve efficiency
- Diagnose complex network problems, identify root cause and develop remediation strategies
- Provide 2nd level support for Network Operations to diagnose complex network problems affecting clinical applications.
- Drive continual improvements to engineering solutions for the environment
- Diagnose, Configure and Document complex network related problems and respond to network issues affecting clinical application
- Work directly with WAN and Internet carriers during implementation and/or outages
- Rack and Stack network equipment
- Analyze network traffic and report results to management
- Perform trending analysis for remediating escalated critical issues
Responsible for maintaining knowledge of new technologies