Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Network Security Engineer on a long-term contract basis.
Jacksonville, FL or Irving, TX
- This position will be responsible for reviewing requests for application connectivity through Perimeter Security Operations (PSO) managed firewalls, review of the documentation for registering the connectivity in the Connectivity Registry, facilitating the review of connectivity on the Third-Party Access Solutions Working Group (3PASWG) Weekly Call, as required.
- Determine additional ports or services that require review.
- Provide technical guidance to other External Connectivity teams.
- Work with the OTRC IT Risk Analysis team to ensure risks are properly documented in CAPs and Risk Exceptions.
- Will work with client organizations, Helpdesk and other groups to ensure all firewall and ACL related troubles are corrected and documented in a timely manner.
- Team member must have the ability to document any new policies and/or procedures in the appropriate format.
- Work with other group members to ensure that the Process Control Management documentation and other documentations (drawings, databases, spreadsheets, etc.) are up to date and accurate.
- Facilitate the quarterly Global Website Access Governance Committee (GWAGC) meeting which is a Global process for implementing a perimeter infrastructure that provides the capability for blocking access to Internet sites that are deemed to be non-business related or present an Information Security risk.
- Research new and current security technologies and quantify the relative risk mitigation resulting from their implementation.
- Assess internal infrastructure and determine weakest security areas providing feedback and solutions to strengthen these areas.
- Support Acquisition and Divestiture activities as required by the Acquisitions and Divestitures team.
- Participate in SIRT and other security incidents as required.
- Research or assist in the research of the marketplace.
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- 6-10+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office tools and software
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven influencing and relationship management skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred