Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Office 365 Engineer on a long-term contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Hybrid Option)
The Office 365 Engineer position will report directly to AVP Digital Workplace Experience and will have direct responsibility for managing the clients Office 365 tenant, Collaboration services including Communication services
The applicant must have experience implementing, maintaining, and supporting collaboration components in Office 365 (Teams, Yammer, SharePoint, Office 365 Suite, Stream) and associated infrastructure, including all related applications and services. The applicant will need to maintain a high level of ownership in tasks associated with both new and ongoing collaboration-based needs within the IT environment. The candidate must lead efforts in troubleshooting, remediating, and optimizing collaboration-based issues, while also working with engineering requirements and providing strategic recommendations to management.
The applicant will also coordinate and manage collaboration production changes, report & document platform issues, ensure knowledge transfer occurs between engineering and operations staff, and identify opportunities to enhance/optimize/improve overall service to the clients. The applicant must have a solid technical infrastructure experience, in addition to a superior service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Hands-On Administration Office 365 and monitor Office 365 service health
- Evaluate Office 365 capabilities and make recommendations for leveraging new features
- Keep up with industry knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, concepts, best practices
- Working knowledge of integrating Office 365, Exchange, Teams and other third party applications
- Expertise in coordination and escalation to Microsoft support and ability to coordinate with first- and third-party software vendors as needed for resolution of business-impacting problems
- Can convey complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable business; actively listens to peers’ input.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; identify problems and drives towards solutions
- Can work independently and as part of a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills
- Troubleshoot Office 365 issues, including connectivity
- Serve as a knowledge expert on Office 365 applications, advising on best practices of use and third-party integrations
- Champion the adoption of Office 365 services as appropriate for our business