Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Optical Network Engineer on a long term contract basis.
New York, NY (Hybrid Option)
– Optical designs for all existing and new strategic initiatives within ENS. This role requires an intimate working knowledge of optical technologies including but not restricted to DWDM, SONET, SDH, ROADM, Carrier ethernet, Low latency systems as well as vendor equipment (ADVA, Ciena, Cisco)
– Carrier Path Analysis dark fiber and managed routes , Experience with BER Testing of Ethernet and Fiber channel , OTDR analysis , and fiber characterization
– Analysis of building meet me rooms and point of entry as it relates to the build of new DWDM infrastructure.
– Role critically includes Level 4 Engineering support and escalation cover for major operational issues and being the SME for all optical technologies.
– The role is also expected to provide input on emerging optical technologies and architectures
– This blend of skills will be used to help formulate an automation framework for Engineering leveraging tools already used in-house and other tools as necessary.
– Expert-level Optical Network Engineering knowledge :DWDM, SONET, SDH, ROADM, Carrier ethernet, Low latency systems
– Operation and deployment of Network elements as it relates to Network Management tools
– Adva Ensemble , Ciena MCP Integration skills (API) with existing NMS toolsets (Spectrum, SevOne, Splunk etc) and other supporting systems ServiceNow, Infoblox etc.
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
– Collaborative and innovation focused mindset.
– Experience: Advanced 8+ years