Our client, a leading utility company, is hiring an Enterprise System Integration Developer – Senior consultant on a contract basis.
New York, NY
Client seeks a highly motivated DBA with extensive knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate and related technologies.
Candidates should have 5 or more years’ experience, and should have worked in a team environment on systems that have moved to production. As part of the dedicated support team, the candidate will administer databases and Golden Gate (e.g. Oracle RDBMS 11gR2, 12c, and19c), and perform all duties related to on-going operations of the database infrastructure running on Linux/UNIX operating systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities / Competencies (REQUIRED)
• Experience with RDBMS 11gR2, 12c, and 19c Oracle databases and GoldenGate 19.x, and 21.x
• Install and configure Oracle Grid Infrastructure and RAC databases
• Install and configure Oracle 21c Golden Gate for Oracle 19c database replication
• Configure unidirectional and bidirectional replication
• Setup GoldenGate for Zero Downtime Upgrades
• Explain the difference between classic vs integrated capture
• Improve Golden Gate performance and troubleshoot common issues
• Configure high availability using Oracle Golden Gate
• Perform Oracle Golden Gate upgrade
• Configure Oracle to MS SQLServer replication
• Configure MS-SQL Server to Oracle replication
• Configure Monitoring alerts from GG Home
• Support Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing
• Must understand java runtime concepts such as heap memory, thread dumps, garbage collection, etc.
• Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, providing options, recommendations, and additional actions relating to resolving issues, mitigating risks, and resolving escalated items
• Investigate and troubleshoot tickets by querying database and viewing server logs
• Able to produce statistical data/charts/graphs
• Identify issue trends and develop ways to prevent future occurrences
• Experience working with Linux/UNIX environments required
• Ability to distinguish between critical and non-critical issues; strong problem-solving skills.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle Database Administration
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle Grid Infrastructure and RAC databases
• Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle CDC based change capture and apply
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Golden Gate
• Experience with high availability and failover concepts and implementation
• Strong understanding in PL/SQL and SQL and able to write SQL query
• Ability to understand and interface with infrastructure and Development organizations and internal business owners
• Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) and Oracle Automatic Storage Management Cluster File System (ACFS) experience
Pay Range: $75-85