Our client, a leading media company, is hiring a Payroll Analyst for a full time, direct hire position within their company.
Fairfield, NJ (Hybrid, 3 days onsite/week)
- Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance with company policy and applicable federal and state laws.
- Enter new hires into the payroll system, processing terminations, posting changes in compensation, tax status and miscellaneous other employee master file changes with accuracy and timeliness.
- Perform payroll processing activities, on a weekly and bi-weekly basis including computing wage and overtime payments and calculating and recording payroll deductions.
- Resolve employee payroll-related issues.
- Calculate and request payments for union benefits on a weekly and monthly basis for assigned markets.
- Assist with General Accounting Department bank reconciliation inquiries.
- Maintain tax jurisdiction files.
- Responsible for assisting payroll vendor with researching and resolving any tax agency delinquencies and discrepancies.
- Assists with SOX audits as requested.
- 3+ years of payroll experience required.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce a plus
- Union experience a plus.
- Intermediate skills with Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Needs to be familiar with general ledger.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000