JOB TITLE: Processor Trading Operations – 2 opening
• Location: 545 Washington NJ-Hybrid
• Estimated end date: 1 year
Is this position for NRAP? YES
**This person needs to be local to the office. They are are looking for Mandatory corp actions processing knowledge. Broadridge systems a plus but not required/ DTCC Knowledge.- will take dividend experience
The client prime Asset Services Department is responsible for the processing of corporate actions related to equity and fixed income products through the lifecycle of the corporate event. This includes all mandatory corporate action event types in a prime/broker dealer environment. Responsible for scrubbing the event detail announced by DTCC and advising clients of the event information. Additional responsibilities include the payout of the event to the client and reconciliation of all stock and cash breaks post payout.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
• Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
• Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with client or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
• Provide support and guidance to all internal tax related areas with respect to tax related queries.
• Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the client brand.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
• Each employee must maintain client internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
• Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
Asset Services support in a prime client service environment, all components of corporate action processing and reconciliation on mandatory and voluntary corporate actions
• Requires previous experience in scrubbing and processing of corporate action events
• Requires extensive market knowledge of US corporate action events (Voluntary and Mandatory). Including voluntary events such as tenders, merger elections, conversions, rights and warrants subscriptions and consents. Including mandatory events such as reverse splits, mergers, spin-offs, redemptions, partial calls and name changes.
• Strong understanding of DTCCs platform and processes
• Knowledge of income processing a plus including cash dividends, coupons an P&I
• Knowledge of Broadridge platforms a plus in including BPS, DIVSY, REOR and Impact
• Strong client service skills
• Knowledge of ISO Swift messaging
• Act as liaison with internal/external business partners
Products include US Equities and Fixed Income securities
• Must interpret corporate action notices and determine HSBC response
• Independent decision making abilities while engaging Management at all times
• Must ensure all regulatory requirements are understood and met
The group is building a new business right now, so this person will come in before the system is in. The role is all corporate actions related. The person cannot be a middle office person, they need someone who has experience processing corporate actions. Corporate actions analyst/manager will be present on resume, cash dividends and mandatory events. Knowledge of Broadridge is a big plus.
Working in a hybrid capacity. Onsite approx. 2 days a week.
TOP 3 must-have
• corporate actions experience.
Computer literacy, knowledge of Excel and Word, detailed oriented, good problem solver, should have good communication skills
• Knowledge of US markets, Fixed income and Equity products
flexible with number of years but no senior people
Degree – No required level, experience is more important.