Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Product Control Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- Product Control is a global control function is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of business units. Product Control reports daily and monthly revenues and is responsible for key controls over data integrity and reconciliations, P&L and Balance Sheet reporting, P&L attribution analysis (PAA), new activity review, valuation control and some aspects of regulatory reporting.
- Own deferred expenses reconciliation between product processor ledger and business expense system, perform timely investigation and escalation of breaks, as well as communication of open items to key stakeholders.
- Work closely with partners across Front Office, Middle Office, and technology to identify and resolve underlying flow issues.
- Compile and provide weekly Balance Sheet Detail and analysis of payables, receivables, and Deferred expenses to Front Office and Middle Office, inclusive of commentary on aged items.
- Look to utilize digital tools to make the data pulls, aging and commentary input more robust.
- Compile intercompany reconciliation and monitoring, review and resolve breaks, including back log of aged items. Design global process to review such breaks to ensure they do not occur and are proactively captured.
- Assist in Front Office led End to End review as needed.
- The role will involve daily interaction with other managers throughout the global organization, including but not limited to Directors and/or Managing Directors of Finance, Trading Desks, Risk Management, Business Unit Management, Operations teams.
- 3+ years related business experience
- Internal Control or Audit experience would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge in accounting fundamentals and project management
- A control focused mind-set with strong process improvement capabilities
- Ability to evaluate relative control risks and develop creative solutions
- Ability to deep dive and evaluate large amounts of data to determine anomalies and pinpoint the source of breaks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to directly engage on detailed issues but also an ability to absorb summary data to identify and mitigate broader issues and risks
- Motivated, organized, and team oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and /or Accounting degree preferred
- Advanced degree, Professional Accounting qualification and/or CFA is a plus