Our client is hiring a Program Manager on a contract basis.
Hybrid Role on Wednesdays/ Hauppauge NY or midtown NYC/ manager prefers Long Island.
The Linear Playout & Distribution (LP&D) Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for establishing structure, driving results, and reporting status on programs across the portfolio. The LP&D portfolio is composed of engineering projects for Company linear services. This PM will produce weekly status reports while managing issues, risks to ensure successful and on-time program delivery.
The LP&D PM will work in coordination with the team leads and team members to successfully manage and complete program deliverables. The Program Manager will support the team leads in driving the program on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the Steering Committee.
- Ensure program delivery is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of Company’s Global strategic objectives.
- Communicate status reporting to leadership (program milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks, and issues).
- Establish frameworks and structure in any situation that lacks organization.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day program activities and resources, and chair team meetings.
- Track and report key metrics and inform stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide coaching around agile frameworks and best practices for feature/project delivery, utilizing traditional project management as needed.
- Monitor sprint velocity and works with team to determine how they can continue to improve on velocity and recognize additional efficiencies.
- Lead ceremonies such as sprint planning and standups for various linear playout and distribution teams.
- Provide support for the optimization of LP&D project governance.
- Liaise with Steering committees, Senior Executives, VPs, Directors, program sponsors and strategic partners.
Work Schedule: 8-5PM ET – will work with depts in the UK.
Reason Needed for Role: covering a disability leave.
Duration: ASAP- 6 months.
Years of Experience: 5 years.
Top Three Skills:
- 1. Project management, communicate & interact effectively, good background in Agile, agility to lead programs (required).
- 2. JIRA & Confluence (required).
- 3. Entertainment broadcast department, need to have worked in a broadcast environment (required).
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- At least 5 years of established experience of working in a linear playout A playout system is used to stream video for broadcasting and over-the-top (OTT) video. It performs tasks such as: switching between a live feed and a pre-recorded asset; controlling and editing the progress of a TV program; and switching video sources if there is an emergency.) or broadcast distribution environment.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience managing a portfolio of complex initiatives that spans multiple lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports business & IT strategic objectives.
- 5+ years of experience as a scrum master is preferred.
- 5+ years of strong Program Delivery experience managing broadcast and linear playout projects is preferred.
- 3+ strong Excel skills (analytics, pivot tables, formulas, etc.).
- Proven success in establishing structure and governance around complex multifaceted initiatives.
- Possess strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Tools: Jira, ServiceNow, Confluence, MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Pay rate: $80 – $90 an hour.