Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Program Manager on a long term contract basis.
Baltimore, MD (Remote Option)
This role will coordinate across a multi-disciplinary team with a key focus on program planning, readiness planning and program execution across all impacted groups within Technology Operations Risk (TOR) to include, risk monitoring and remediation planning, and management reporting. The individual must be a critical thinker who can think out of the box and connect the dots. In addition, candidate must be self-starter who can manage multiple activities to aggressive deadlines.
Key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
– Manage project roadmap and document key milestones, timeline, and areas of risk across Integration Efforts
– Provide transparency to stakeholders into progress towards project goals
– Liaise with product owners and risk and control partners on review and approval of content impacting a project
– Enable appropriate escalation of any item that may impact timely delivery or cause a change to the agreed scope of project
– Develop senior management program dashboards that articulate project status and timeline
– Develop strong partnerships with business and technology teams to drive successful project execution
– Work in a matrix reporting structure and partner with all functional disciplines impacted by integration deliverables to define program plans and readiness strategy that covers the various phases of integration
– Translate strategy into actionable plan with defined ownership and roles/responsibilities and ensure delivery of activities
– Build and maintain a TOR wide delivery roadmap that can be used to drive priorities, identify dependencies and ensure appropriate engagement
– Provide mechanisms to capture & monitor remediation of any potential risks. In addition, enable appropriate escalation of any item that may impact timely delivery or cause a change to the agreed scope of project
– Collaborate with cross functional teams, including Technology. Operations Risk, Cyber Security, and Business Teams on finding solutions to complex deliverables.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
– A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in program management, with a focus on IT Project Management, Change Management, Risk Management, and Readiness Management.
– Ability to identify problems and provide a path for solution or escalation
– Strong listening and verbal/written communications with ability to tailor message to audience
– Ability to work independently, proactively and possess a strong sense of accountability/ownership
– Demonstrates servant leadership behaviors, integrating into the team as a player-coach.
– Proven ability to manage delivery/execution of a wide range of tasks and initiatives
– Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams where there is no direct reporting chain
– Strong presentation skills, including ability to create polished PowerPoint presentations for various levels of management
– Possess the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities
– Identify interdependencies of various systems within and across projects
– Proactively manage and aggressively control project scope, schedule and budgets
– Identify, analyze, and resolve issues and risks
– Create and deliver presentations or reports on project details, to include progress, issues, risks, recommendations, and other metrics as required
– Has Experience and Practical Knowledge of Software or System Development Life Cycle (SCLC)
– Experienced in IT Project Management CISSP Certificate or equivalent work experience preferred
– Proficiency in MS Office Applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Visio, and MS Project
– Certified Project management Professional (PMP) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is preferred