Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Project Manager on a contract basis.
The Contingent Project Manager, Cell Therapy Business Process Management (Project Manager) is responsible for planning and delivery of Cell Therapy operations projects and/or business system releases as assigned. The Project Manager will work with cross-functional business and IT teams to develop project charters, define and secure resources, support the budgeting process, build detailed project schedules, and manage and mitigate risks and issues.
The Project Manager contributes to the success of the PPM team by applying a structured project management approach to complex projects that optimizes planning and delivery of the portfolio of projects, as well as contributes to maturing project management processes, tools, and methodologies to support execution of the portfolio of projects and enhancements to enable CTDO late stage clinical and commercial operations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams within business and IT to support Cell Therapy
• Author project charters including definition of high-level timelines and budget needs by consulting with project team, SMEs, and other stakeholders as necessary
• Define, secure, and communicate resource plan
• Define and manage detailed project schedule including routine communication of progress, risks, and issues
• Understand interdependencies between business and technology delivery schedules as well as operational needs
• Manage risks and issues, including leading creation of mitigation plan and/or escalation as required
• Manage project change control for changes in scope and timeline
• Lead routine project team meetings
• Collaborate with change management resources as assigned to develop stakeholder engagement and communication plan; develop and deliver stakeholder communications as required
• Work creatively and analytically to solve problems demonstrating teamwork and innovation
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, presentations, and risk assessments
• Lead process improvements within the PPM team applying lessons learned, best practices, and innovations to mature project management processes, tools, and methodologies
• Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Information Systems, Business, Engineering or similar area.
• 5+ years of project management experience in supply chain or manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical industry preferred).
• Good knowledge of and competency in project management processes, including planning, resource planning and allocation, risk and issue management
• Experience in SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC/Waterfall preferred
• Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to work and drive issues to resolution independently and cooperatively in a diverse group
• Demonstrates ability to deliver executive level presentations, challenge assumptions and drive decision making
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Project management certification or designation desired
• Knowledge of applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, Microsoft Project or similar project management software, etc.
• Support diverse and inclusive work environment
• Ability to travel 20%