Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Project Manager on a long-term contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Hybrid)
- Drive project delivery from inception to production release including scope definition, goals, requirements, development, user testing and release phases
- Manage stakeholder expectations to ensure ownership and success
- Facilitate smooth working relationships between product owners and IT team with effective and efficient communication to ensure accurate and timely project delivery
- Employ and enforce formalized project management processes, such as change management, issues management, risks and Budget management
- Proactively identify, track, and mitigate risks, issues, and dependencies; present and manage changes to project structure, scope and delivery timeframes
- Ensure the overall success of the project by being accountable for all aspects of the project and providing overall project transparency
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Provide high level executive reports and detailed updates on a continuous basis for all projects
- Coordinate internal resources and (offshore & onshore) vendors for flawless execution of projects
- Integrates workstream milestones into overall program schedule, tracks, and provides reporting at a tactical and executive level
- As a member of SP&E, you will contribute to the PMO responsibilities as assigned, including, but not limited to:
- Help to improve portfolio planning process, operational reporting and metrics for multiple Governance forums across multiple businesses and rolling up to the C-Suite.
- Contribute to strengthening critical processes (e.g. resource planning, forecasting, estimating, cost-benefit analysis).
- Strengthen the consistent implement of system development lifecycle methodologies and standards, including the move to agile.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment and participate in continual process improvement
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Innotas or Jira is a plus
- Experience working with onshore and offshore teams
- Possess the judgment and ability to tailor project management approach based on scale, complexity, and team
- Knowledge with the business domain and current technology platforms to understand the projects and raise questions to help correctly steer them to completion.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with employees, business partners and vendors
- Comfortable hosting meetings with various audiences, (engineers, management, or C level positions) Self-starter that requires little direction
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues with appropriate levels of judgement
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline
- Industry-related certification (PMP, CSM, SAFe) a strong plus.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
The client requires all individuals hired into this position to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to commencement of employment, unless the Company has granted an exemption.