Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company is hiring a Project Manager on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ
Project Manager Position Description
The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for managing at least one and possible multiple business transformation implementation projects. The Project Manager is the primary point of contact for the project and manages all project activities including project kickoff meetings, recurring status meetings, executive sponsor meetings, reporting, and risk tracking. The Project Manager will work to manage resources to attain project deliverables and coordinate project communication for all stakeholders. The Project Manager will serve as a pro-active problem solver and help identify, document, resolve or escalate major risks and issues. Experience working with in a regulated/validated environment is a significant plus. It is important that the candidate has experience as a project manager leading complicated Global Product Supply related projects in the Biopharmaceutical industry – not IT project management. Specifically, Pharmaceutical Product Development experience is preferred.
The PM will deliver the following activities for this project:
• Leads to planning, executing, controlling, and closing the Project to ensure the Project is delivered to scope and meets time, cost and quality objectives
• Utilizes GPS standards and methodologies to verify scope, schedule, budget, monitor and control
• Ensures business objectives and project benefits are identifiable, measurable, and realized
• Manages and tracks project progress, and leads project team to successful on-time and on-budget delivery of project
• Change management strategy, planning and delivery
– Support execution of change management strategy and plan and work breakdown
– Define change metrics for the project and measure change effectiveness
• Stakeholder identification and management
– Collaborates with the Project Leader and internal stakeholders to manage expectations and mitigate risk
– Identify and analyze key stakeholders (influence/impact/support)
– Develop and implement stakeholder engagement activities
– Facilitate leadership alignment and develop leadership action plans
• Communications Delivery
– Develop project communications strategy, approach and plan
– Develop communications messaging and launch via pre-defined channels
– Deliver pulse checks/other surveys to measure awareness and effectiveness
• Organization – Ability to manage multiple priorities and resources in a dynamic environment across various departments, and organize complex information.
• Judgment and Decision Making – Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must possess initiative with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Attitude & Teamwork- Projects confidence tempered with humility. Must be a team player willing both to steer the team towards success and to fully support the team when others are steering.
• Problem Sensitivity -Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. Recognizes there is a problem and escalates or informs the resources who can address the problem.
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Operational Excellence Implementation Project Manager
• Manage the implementation of an updated lab equipment model across client Product Development sites, partnering with teams in various Product Development functional areas
• Facilitate communication across affected teams and encourage consistent work processes across teams and locations
• Oversee the implementation of a Management System, ensuring that the existing system is leveraged as available and developing and maintaining a list of improvement opportunities
• Develop and maintain a detailed project schedule and work plan
• Drive teams to meet key project goals and milestones, working directly to remove roadblocks and escalating risks as needed
• Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
• Maintain a list of future opportunities to further improve the lab equipment processes
Education: A Bachelor degree in arts or sciences or engineering is required. A masters or an MBA preferred.
Certifications: PgPM or PMP certification is preferred.
Project Management Experience: At least 7-15 years of project management experience with 3-5 years of project management and related experience in a regulated environment (pharma, biotech or medical devices)