Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Project Manager on a long-term contract basis.
- The Technology Initiative Manager will be responsible for the Program and Project Management function within the company. Partner with key internal stakeholders (Operations, Technology, Banking, Markets, Commercial Bank, TTS, Compliance and Risk) to drive end-to-end delivery on a front-to-back strategy for credit risk service model with the focus on lending products that fully supports, satisfies and anticipates the WLCR Target State delivery of the business and our regulators.
- The role requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of multiple systems, and practices related to the credit risk and syndicated loans function. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Will develop and manage medium to long term plans and execute functional strategies for complex regional and country structures requiring coordination and integration across units. Will provide input into strategic decisions affecting the various function within a region or business.
- The right candidate will have an understanding of the strategic direction of the credit risk function within the group. Excellent communication skills are required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job may involve both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on related areas and organization as a whole. The candidate is expected to participate in various regulatory program including the execution of Wholesale Credit Risk key strategic initiatives .
- Develop and execute strategic roadmap to drive execution of credit regulatory initiatives such as WCR (Wholesale Credit Risk), SNC (Shared National Credit) and others, partnering with stakeholder across the globe to meet the commitment to Regulators on a timely manner.
- Drive program and project execution effectively applying project management best practices, utilizing iterative and Agile Methodologies.
- Organize, prepare materials and drive various program and project related forums.
- Record meeting summaries and follow-up actions for distribution to relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in high priority regulatory ad hoc projects across their lifecycle by identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change.
- Effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across Technology and Businesses to promote a more integrated approach to program execution.
- Drive tactical and strategic planning to ensure the program corrective actions plans are met. This includes identifications, documentation, reviews of multiple deliverables before distributing to Regulators on a regular basis.
- Identify, prioritize, and own execution of opportunities, end to end, to drive operational efficiency including data quality, completeness, data linage and data coverage.
- Demonstrates ability to identify potential risk issues that need escalation and escalates them promptly
- Support the development of detailed user stories, requirements, data and system flows as part of requirement gathering.
- Work closely with partners in Technology, Control Functions and Businesses, to ensure consistent, insightful and clear communications.
- Drive change management strategy through execution of strategic initiatives.
- Maintain awareness of changing industry trends, competition and regulations that impact any phase of success of the lending business.
- Provide functional support to drive continuous improvement across the loans area.
- Ensure key results are well defined and clearly communicated with relevant stakeholders.
- Support business including global functions priorities as needed.
- Support performance measurement and management ranging from strategic franchise development scorecards to project/function-specific metrics.
- 7+ years of experience in strategy development and execution related with regulated projects.
- Strong business domain knowledge across credit risk/commercial lending products including securities reference data across various financial products.
- Experience with a major consulting firm, including senior engagement management roles with client assignments of significant scope in consumer financial services.
- Experience in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including Agile Project work.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the drivers of performance and decision making to maximize results. Strategic thinker with proven ability to operationalize the strategy.
- Robust problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills and ability to influence others and deliver clearly articulate presentations to senior leaders.
- Ability to lead and direct a team of knowledge professionals.
- Experience working in a global, dynamic environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal + Communication skills.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Project Management certification preferred.
- Negotiation and influencing skil.ls
- Obtain a unique firm-wide view of Risk Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Superior planning and organization skills.
- Excellent Workflow Management skills / experience.
- Pro-active, flexible, have good organizational skills and must be team player.
- Creates executable path and drives meaningful outcome.
- Virtual /remote management.
- Innovation and Change Management implementation.
- Proficient use of JIRA.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
- Bachelor’s/University Degree or equivalent experience