Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Project Manager-Business Capability consultant on a contract basis.
• Lead project team(s) to execute on assigned project(s) supporting the digital capability (DC) objectives of their Business Unit group/function, delivering value faster, in an incremental fashion.
• Oversee planning and execution of small to medium sized project(s) in their Business Units DC group/functional portfolio to deliver on intended outcomes while collaborating on evolving ideas and discovery of new requirements to maximize return on investments.
o Identify dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to appropriate levels of management and stakeholders across assigned project(s).
o Ensure project deliverables, schedules, and financials adhere to established norms and are managed in alignment with departmental best practices across their assigned project(s).
o Periodically evaluate performance and develop action plans to ensure achievement of performance goals.
o Monitor and control schedule and financial health of their assigned project(s) and provide actionable insights to key stakeholders.
o Proactively remove obstacles to drive assigned projects momentum and progress. Engage and energize the project team(s).
o Plan and engage necessary resources across the enterprise to ensure successful completion of assigned project(s).
o Manage one to two vendors providing services to the project(s) ensuring they meet their execution milestones and remain within their funding estimates.
o Prepares all project status reports and documentation to keep project sponsors informed of project progress and potential risks/roadblocks so they can take appropriate action.
o Actively engage stakeholders of problem project(s) to assist with identifying corrective actions.
• Co-lead setup of project management and governance structures in collaboration with IT Business Partner(s) and Digital Capability Managers (DCMs).
• Advise and consistently apply Project Management best practices (including Agile, SDLC and PMF) and tools. Continuously improve our adoption and maturity of best practices across IT.
• Provide support to IT BPs and DCMs in management of project financials, vendor management and procurement.
• Collaborate with ITBPs, DCMs & Portfolio Managers on business case development for DC investments, translating PM experience & insights into improved estimates and outcomes.
• Experience working with MS Project