Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Project Manager-Expert on a long-term contract basis.
- Global Fund Services Technology Team is building new capabilities for creating competitive advantage for the company.
- Main contribution of this position is to build out new strategic Corporate Actions solution for Global Fund Services business.
- The candidate will need to translate business requirements into functional specifications or User Stories for technology implementation of enhancements to applications.
- The expectation is for clear lineage from need to solution to ensure alignment with business strategy, working with cross functional IT Teams, stakeholders, and vendors, on multiple projects.
- Perform analysis (including sequence diagrams, future state proposals).
- Creating and maintaining well-articulated and testable Requirements in Functional Requirement documents, User Stories / Features or other document artifacts as per company standard SDLC Procedures.
- Managing project scope / Scrum Boards / Kanban Boards.
- Ascertaining traceability and documenting evidence for it for each individual success criteria from the original request, through development, and the successful test of that criteria.
- Developing expertise in the project subject matter, sufficient to accurately assess and address the business requirements.
- Evaluation of business requirements to ensure the feasibility of the success criteria, and creating alternatives when the initial requirements cannot be met within acceptable cost or schedule parameters.
- Discovery of all implications of instituting project requirements on the existing business process, clients, and downstream systems; documenting those implications.
- Review of project supporting artifacts such as the Technical Design Doc and Test Plan to ensure the project requirements are accounted for and accurately addressed.
- Collaborating with testing team and contributing towards test strategy and cases.
- Obtaining timely UAT approvals.
- Following appropriate escalation path, when necessary.
- Identifying and communicating risks / issues and their impact to project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers.
- Supporting the project manager through effective communication of details to enable the project manager to accurately represent the project to stakeholders.
- Relevant Business / Functional Analysis experience in financial or technology sector preferably in external client facing roles and significant experience across the full project lifecycle.
- Proven delivery record of independently handling multiple projects involving process change and technology enhancements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects.
- Knowledge of and Experience with Securities Services (Fund Services and Custody businesses), as well as associated workflows.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (Waterfall and Agile).
- Proficiency with Agile development tools such as JIRA or Rally.
- Enthusiastic and proactive approach.
- Ability to summarize the expectations, decisions and actions resulting from key conversations and publishing them to larger group of stakeholders in a manner that can be easily understood.
- Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design.
- Data analysis – must have proficiency with SQL, Microsoft Excel.
- Expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Proven self-motivation to take initiative and master new tasks quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and approach work methodically with attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS)