Our client is hiring a Project Manager – Payments and Fraud Products on a long term contract basis.
Bethesda, MD – Fully Remote, must be willing/able to travel to HQ occasionally, less than 20%.
Project Manager – Payments and Fraud Products: As a member of the Payment and Fraud Products team, this role will support a group of technologies focused on payment and fraud capabilities at Company by partnering with various stakeholders across Global Technology, Finance, Digital and 3rd party partners.
This role will help bridge technical and business efforts related to global payments from both an above property and on property perspective and will require the ability to work across a broad set of responsibilities and array of products. You will be involved in the product end-to-end, from discovery and user story refinement, all the way through to supporting engineering and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. A familiarity with dealing with 3rd party vendors, particularly in the Payment space, will be advantageous and candidates should possess a working knowledge of the various roles and responsibilities in this setting. In addition, this role will interact extensively with a variety of disciplines and will be required to play a key role in helping to evolve or define a right-sized engagement approach in a highly collaborative environment. This role will engage key stakeholders to drive the development and implementation of enhancements or new capabilities from conception to launch while understanding any implications of decisions and suggest trade-offs in terms of complexity and timelines.
Education and Experience
• Four-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Computer Science, or related major.
• Must have previous experience driving a team/teams in a project/product management functional role.
• 5+ years of experience in the hospitality, or payments industry project, program, or product management, operations, or related professional area.
• Experience in Agile/Scrum software development teams would be a plus.
• Skilled at converting business needs into technology requirements.
• Strong project management skills.
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
• Demonstrated ability to assess customer needs, creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
• Excellent communicator, both written and spoken. Must be able to explain product vision, business objectives, technical feasibility, define requirements, and technical implementations.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver results under challenging conditions, particularly when faced with complexity, ambiguity, and aggressive timelines.
• Able to see the big picture and break down product delivery into manageable technical implementations, while delivering incremental value.
• Able to pivot from existing plan to address any unforeseen circumstances.
• Must be flexible, team-player, and also a self-starter.
• Strong problem-solving skills and able to get into the technical weeds to come to a solution.
• Experience working with 3rd party vendors and both on-shore and off-shore service providers.
• Must be willing to work east-coast business schedule.
Core Work Activities:
• Help define new product features and optimization of existing ones, and assist with incorporating them into product roadmaps.
• Provide clear scope and requirements documentation, use cases, workflows, and wire-frames to support development.
• Coordinate with support teams for defect resolution.
• Provides technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Demonstrates knowledge of function-specific procedures.
• Manage and regularly update issues/defects list.
• Report out on project/features/issues on a regular basis.
• Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams in support of specific business priorities.
• Ability to solve problems quickly, think strategically and drive data-driven decision making.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and aggressive timelines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and success in cross-functional relationship-building at all levels, ability to drive consensus through influence and fact-based approach.
• Effective written and oral communications skills with sensitivity to global communication needs.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm in leading and influencing teams.
• Proficiency in Office software products and digital collaboration tools.
• Dynamic interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
Pay Range: $90 – $105 an hour.