Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company is hiring a Purchasing and Contract Specialist on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ – Hybrid
The person in this role will be responsible for supporting the Contract Operations team by processing capital and supply contracts and purchases for multiple client sites for Product Development (PD).
- BS degree in Business field or science field preferred
- 4 years of purchasing, contracting experience preferably in a biotech environment.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; SharePoint is preferred. Outlook with extensive background in database systems.
- Working knowledge of enterprise business systems such as Icertis, SAP and ordering systems like Ariba.
- Innate ability to learn new software, such as corporate intranet and enterprise business.
- Understands and works with well with SharePoint.
- Strong working knowledge in computer training systems
- Knowledge of accounting principles. Experience with departmental budget management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Highly proficient at writing well formulated emails and notifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, contractors, and vendors.
- Experience with technical writing and document development / generation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce.
- Strong multitasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks in a high paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks / assignments with others that may impact timely completion.
- Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Team Player / Building Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Action and detail oriented
- Active Listening
- Manages administrative aspects of contracting. Supports business functions with facilitation of service contracts, agreements, purchase orders, approvals and payments as needed, vendor monitoring and oversight executed from client ERP systems.
- Responsible to work with Legal, Global Procurement and Finance departments to coordinate all activities associated with the development and execution of contracts, purchase requisitions and invoice management.
- Accountable for tracking, managing, and monitoring all changes to contracts/POs, ensuring timely amendments, approvals and implementation within the Product Development Operations organization.
- Maintains tools and tracking systems to facilitate business operations, allotment of resources, and continuous improvement of the organization.