Our client, a leading pharmaceutical, is hiring a Sr. Python Developer on a contract basis.
Work Location: Princeton, NJ (50% onsite)
Client is seeking a Sr. Python Developer in support of our Early Discovery Small Molecule Machine Learning / AI research.
The role will focus on developing packages for our OpenEye Orion Molecular Design Platform instance, Schrodinger Live Design, and internal small molecule digital capabilities & systems.
• Work with Informatics team and CADD scientific groups to understand business requirements and how they translate into technical specs that drive business outcomes.
• Develop OpenEye Orion/Python packages to execute ML models
• Automate and standardize hit expansion process capabilities; including: similarity searches, shape overlays, internal and external compounds
• Create a “cube” to take output stream in Orion and create a LD Live Report using Schrodinger API
• Create a generic base cube that can be used to execute any Schrodinger tool
• As needed generate cohesive documentation, enabling long term support of produced software.
• Strong Python developer skills
• Able to work in Linux environment
• Must be familiar with use of Github and Git
• Familiarity with Pytest framework – for writing unit tests
• Familiarity with Python setuptools for packaging modules
• Familiarity with use of PyPi servers and virtual environments
• Understanding of application development processes, system architecture (hardware and software), and end user support processes
• Demonstrated problem solving skills in a complex technical or scientific computing environment
• Specific experience with OpenEye Orion Platform, a strong plus
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties.
• Ensures compliance with required controls.
Bachelor’s degree/Technical degree or equivalent requirement.
Must Have List
6+ years of experience with the following:
• Strong Python Developer skills
• Github and Git
• Pytest framework and Pypi Servers
• Bachelors Degree
• OpenEye Orion Platform experience is highly preferred