Our client is hiring a QA Engineer – Android on a contract basis.
Burbank, CA. Remote but must work PST hours.
Duration: 6 months plus extension.
- Act as a core member of the Android team.
- Maintain a high-quality standard product by executing comprehensive test plans and provide qualitative feedback to the Engineering team.
- Able to communicate test results to your Scrum team through proper communication pipelines.
- Execute test plans across all supported mobile and TV platforms ranging from Android/Amazon Phones/Tablets, to Android OTT devices such as Amazon FireTV, Android TV and Facebook Portal.
- Help prioritize incoming issues and document steps to reproduce, as well as observed and expected system behavior.
- Actively participate in daily standups and sprint planning, with an emphasis on optimizing testing cycles/resources with product and development teams to deliver shippable features.
- Coordinate with the rest of the QA team to analyze and improve the QA process.
- Review requirements, specifications, and design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Help maintain our bug database.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including analyzing requirements, developing test plans, test cases, and execution of test scripts.
- Work with support teams to triage issues.
- Track and update issues in issue management systems.
- Estimate QA effort for each task/feature.
- Prioritize Workload based on release dates and business priorities.
Top Three Skills:
- Android Studio.
- Charles Proxy.
- Knowledge of Android Mobile & OTT O.S.
- Api Backend testing.
- automation (creation/execution).
- Technical Background and or Technical Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in reviewing product requirements, creating test plans and testing Software applications for Mobile and/or OTT.
- Proficient in Jira or any other bug tracking tools.
- Experience in test case creation and management programs like TestRail.
- Knowledge of device debugging tools such as Charles Proxy.
- Solid understanding of Agile software processes including analysis, design, coding, system integration and user acceptance testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Experience in mobile and/or OTT testing.
- Complete understanding of Android products.
- Experience in black box/manual device testing.
- Understanding of Software Development life cycle and Software Testing life cycle.
- Excellent communication.
- Able to work independently without much supervision.
- Great problem solving and analytical skills.
- Capable of contributing to libraries and automation frameworks with some supervision.
- Working knowledge of Xcode and test automation tools.
- Knowledge of various streaming technologies and services.
Pay rate range: $45 -$55 an hour.