Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company is hiring an QSP Research Scientist on a contract basis.
The scientist in this role will work in the Hematologic Malignancy Quantitative Systems Pharmacology (HM QSP) group to further develop established disease-level QSP models and apply them to support decisions in clinical development. The scientist in this role will be responsible for HM QSP model development, model application, and will also work on algorithm and tool adaptation. The scientist may also work on parameter estimation, machine learning, omics data analysis strategies, development of mechanistic sub-models, and improving efficiency with high-throughput computing resources as needed (clusters with >1000 compute cores).
• Collaboration with multidisciplinary project teams to develop and apply QSP models to aid in target prioritization, therapeutic modality selection, chemical/biotherapeutic optimization, biomarker characterization and clinical trial design.
• Drive the development and application of QSP disease models in HM.
• Feedback and improvement on QSP algorithms and tools.
• Maintaining an active relationship with colleagues in the broader Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics community at client.
• Networking as appropriate with experts in Discovery Biology, Translational Medicine, Non-Clinical PK/PD and other groups to share learnings and enhance consistency in best practices.
• Working with external collaborators to accelerate the internal QSP efforts.
• Participate in internal scientific discussions to enhance QSP models, algorithms, and workflows.
Preferred background, skills and experience:
• Minimum: Ph.D. (or M.S. with 5+ more years experience) in mathematics, engineering, physics, computer science or other related field. Previous industry experience in QSP or a closely related field is preferred.
• Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modeling and simulation.
• Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences and build on solid foundation of quantitative skills to develop QSP models.
• Knowledge of immunology preferred.
• Ability to keep up-to-date with and propose the implementation of scientific and technological developments in the area of QSP and systems biology.
• Hands-on experience with modeling software like Matlab/SimBiology, JDesigner/Systems Biology Workbench, Entelos PhysioLab Platform, DBSolve, etc.
• Experience with the development of large mechanistic models in SimBiology is preferable.
• Experience with scientific programming and data analysis tools/languages such as MATLAB, R, Python, etc is required.
• Experience working with scripted tools in MATLAB, debugging, and working with version-controlled packages is preferable.
• Experience working with omics and related high-dimensional datasets as well as understanding of common normalization and hypothesis testing strategies is preferable.
• Desire to interact as a modeling and simulation expert with matrix project teams working closely with experts from different functional areas (pre-clinical and clinical).
• Candidates with experience in QSP platform application and virtual population development are highly encouraged to apply