Our client, a leading financial company, is hiring a Receptionist on a contract basis.
New York, NY
- Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Keeping all new business acquisitions information, maintaining and updating contact numbers/people at new office locations current.
- Maintain courier log that tracks packages being picked up at the front desk by messengers.
- Liaise with the IT department on all audio/visual needs and provide updates regarding meetings
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary materials
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk and liaise with Edgewood security personnel
- Providing back-up support to all administrative personnel with presentations by printing, binding, creating UPS labels, ordering supplies etc. or generally helping out where needed
- Support visiting associates from other locations with catering orders, print jobs, scanning of documents, etc.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as photocopying, ordering lunch for meetings (internal/external), faxing as requested/needed
- Keeping the Executive conference room neat between meetings (remove food and beverages after meetings, remove handouts, put clean sheet on pad on sandwich board, making sure there are enough markers and erasers in room, etc.)
- Minimum of 1-2 years office or equivalent experience, including computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with switchboards a plus
- Good oral communication and organizational skills; flexibility, professional appearance, demeanor and attitude
- Strong communication skills and the ability to write professionally, have excellent command of written English, grammar and strong proofreading skills
- Be adaptable to working with multiple personalities and with all levels of management
- Be motivated, well-organized and flexible with a keen attention to details and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be available to work 20 hours a week, Monday – Friday, either mornings or afternoons
$20 – $22 per hour.