Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Regulatory Reporting Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
- The Regulatory Reporting function within Finance Risk Shared Services (FRSS) encompasses reporting activities such as report production, validation, comprehensive variance analysis and timely filing across Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) FR Y14A, 14Q, 14M Reports and is currently working with the Global Regulatory Reporting (GRR), Independent Risk, Finance GPO, GPSM and other organizations to transform the end-to-end Global Operating Model and all associated processes and platforms. The position has responsibility for CCAR related processes being compliant with current regulations, supported by documentation standards and with effective preventive and detective controls. The position will liaise closely with the CCAR GPO, Corporate Reporting, Country/Product Risk and/or Controllers, Technology and Finance and will coordinate with counterparts in FRSS Centers.
- The team will be responsible for defining, implementing, and sustaining key controls, and key operational and organizational metrics for the defined processes in alignment with Finance Target Operating Model and Consent Order strategic initiative.
- Senior execution role in current reporting processes and as needed during the transition
period, and future state processes as they are rolled out.
- Leadership role in the analysis, development, and execution of both tactical and strategic
remediation plans to address specific gaps in the Consent Order analysis.
- Team building and leadership: develop and motivate a team of reporting professionals
leveraging the FRSS Global model.
- Evaluate the production framework for FR Y-14A, 14Q and 14M schedules and
establish effective working relationships with GPO, FRSS Global Head of Risk and
- Responsible for the interaction with global risk reporting ensuring, variance analysis,
reconciliations are prepared optimally.
- Represent FRSS as global liaison among Finance, Risk, FRI and Corporate Regulatory
Reporting. Prioritize material issues and interface with operations units ensuring
appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Produce metrics for senior management highlighting key issues and remediation status,
progress on strategic initiatives, maintain and enhance related operational and analytical
- Align key controls with operational processes and validate with MCA testing; identify
opportunity to optimize processes.
- Responsible to develop and implement the reconciliation among different reports,
including FR Y-9c, 14A and other reports.
- Effective communication: presentations to Senior Management, issue resolution with
- This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
- 6+ years of related work experience
- Project Management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Excellent analytical background and skill set to understand Regulatory processes,
including system data flows
- Previous management experience and able to manage large span of control and control
its budget and reengineering efforts
- Self-motivated with ability to make decisions and maintain a controlled environment
- Willingness to manage flexible and alternative Workspace environments
- Ability to multi-task, be proactive and goal oriented
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills (oral and written) and confidence to work with
different levels of management
- Previous banking and regulatory experience in Legal Vehicle, Basel and/or Country Risk
- Previous Exposure to global processes and teamwork across various locations and
- Previous experience with Lean Methodology / Six Sigma is a plus
- Previous experience with SQL and/or SAS preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of Pearl, Ruby, GL platforms and other data warehouses
- Knowledge of accounting and financial/regulatory reporting
- Ability to grasp and master new concepts/requirements and related product/functional
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s in business, Accounting or Economics; Certified Public Accountant or International Equivalent; Certified Financial Analyst is preferred, but not required