Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Research Associate on a contract basis.
We are seeking a scientist with relevant cell culture and protein expression experience to join the Protein Science group in the Discovery Biotherapeutics department at our new state-of-the-art facility in Cambridge, MA. The qualified candidate will be responsible for mammalian expression of proteins in shake flasks and will play a role in support of the biotherapeutic discovery efforts at client.
The Discovery Biotherapeutics group supports programs across all client therapeutic areas including Oncology, Immunoscience, Cardiovascular, and Fibrosis. Group activities comprise of protein expression, purification and characterization making use of high throughput methods and automation to enhance productivity where possible.
• Effectively perform mammalian protein expression in shake flasks using transient transfection cell lines (Expi293, ExpiCHO)
• Antibody quantitation using Octet and Blitz
• Harvest of cell culture using filtration and centrifugation
• Routine maintenance and cell banking of HEK and CHO cells
• Expansion and banking of cell lines for screening antibodies
• Maintenance of Biacore SPR instruments if needed
• Ensure accurate registration of protein lots and associated data into LIMS (Genedata).
• Maintain a complete and current Electronic Laboratory Notebook.
• Opportunity to collaborate in multi-disciplinary drug discovery teams
• Communicate results both written and verbally within working group.
• Candidate should have or be currently enrolled in a B.S. program in Biology, Engineering, or a related field preferably with at least 1 year of relevant experience in an academic or industry setting.
• Experience with Mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique is desirable.
• Familiarity with Genedata and ELN is a plus.
• Must be detail oriented and able to follow protocols effectively
• Excellent time management skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with a sense of urgency and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint