Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company is hiring a Research Associate on a contract basis.
• Lead critical efforts to maintain tumor cell lines for the use within cell-based immunoassays
• Execute experiments for the in-depth characterization of gene-engineered & edited T cells using flow cytometry, cell-based functional immunoassays, quantification of secreted cytokines by Meso Scale Discovery Analysis (MSD), and PCR analysis
• Perform data analysis of critical sample data generated from characterization assays. Perform simple statistical data analysis where applicable
• Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks
• Presentation of experimental findings/results following study completion
• Collaborate with other members of the Product Sciences Team and other cross-functional teams for the identification and prioritization of novel analytical approaches for interrogating gene-engineered and edited T cell function.
• B.S. in Cell/Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biomedical Engineering, or related discipline with 0-3 years of relevant experience or M.S. with 0-1 year of relevant experience is required
• Ability to work under moderate technical supervision and perform operational tasks independently is required
• Experience with in vitro cell culture systems (i.e., maintaining cell lines and/or primary cells in culture, comfortable with sterility techniques)
• Experience with human T cell biology and analytical tools for interrogating T cell phenotype and function, such as multi-parameter flow cytometry and/or in vitro cellular immunoassays etc.
• Proven ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, & prioritize work on multiple projects
• Detail orientation, excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and ability to present results at team and cross-functional team meetings
• Experience with different standard and next generation analytical platforms for the characterization of T cell phenotype, differentiation, and function (i.e. cytotoxicity, cytokine production, and/or proliferation assays, single cell analysis, etc,).
• Experience with data visualization software and/or coding-based data analysis (i.e., Prism, JMP, R or Python)