Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Research Scientist on a contract basis.
Research Scientist, Early Development Predictive Sciences
Informatics and Predictive Sciences (IPS) has a mission to drive predictive informatics research across client. The role of IPS encompasses a broad range of computational research, from cutting-edge bioinformatics to discover new therapeutic targets, to applied machine learning to optimize clinical trials and predict patient outcomes. Our team focuses on cutting edge informatics research to progress client Early Development clinical pipeline.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Performing computational biology analysis for exploration and interpretation of omic datasets, including bulk and single-cell RNASeq, DNA methylation, Exome/Genome sequencing, cytokine, and proteomic data.
• Integrative analysis across different molecular, clinical and demographic parameters to identify relevant biomarkers (e.g., response, toxicity and pharmacodynamic markers) in clinical studies.
• Development and application of classification methods to select clinically relevant patient segments via application of machine learning methods to molecular profiling data.
• Leveraging internal and external datasets to augment data analysis and findings derived from clinical studies.
• Presentation and reporting of methods, results, and conclusions to a publishable standard.
• Participating in wider group endeavors concerning the elucidation of disease biology, compound mechanisms of action, drug resistance and prediction of target indications.
• PhD (preferable 2+ years post-doctoral experience) in computational biology / bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or related fields, from a recognized higher-education establishment
• Prior experience (4+ years) of analysis, integration and interpretation of high-throughput data supported by high-quality publications.
• Expertise in statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g., R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, plus good knowledge of contemporary database structures.
• Expertise in statistical analysis, analysis of longitudinal data, data deconvolution and machine learning techniques (semi-supervised approaches is a plus).
• Experience with version control and high-performance computing, including cloud computing and/or big data analytics platforms would be advantageous.
• Scientific curiosity, collaborative spirit and proven ability to contribute beyond personal projects.
• Ability to understand and communicate the output of computational research to multi-disciplinary scientific teams.
The position presents a unique opportunity to experience research in an industry setting and to contribute to helping patients with unmet medical need, while maintaining a link to academic research (publication is encouraged).
5 measurable skills or experiences that manager wants to see on every resume.
• PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, statistics, computer science or related fields
• 4+ years of experience in analyzing, integrating and interpreting high-throughput data
• Expertise in statistical programming and data manipulation, using e.g. R/Bioconductor, Matlab, Python, plus good knowledge of contemporary database structures.
• Expertise in statistical analysis, analysis of longitudinal data, data deconvolution and machine learning techniques
• Experience with version control and high-performance computing, including cloud computing and/or big data analytics platforms