Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Research Scientist on a contract basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for formulation development activities with emphasis on in-house lab & pilot scale development of the formulation and process for oral solid drug product development of small molecule candidates
1) Serve as a member of a team of formulation development scientists and engineers
2) Participate in formulation development project and work in an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers.
3) Support formulation design & process development of oral solid dosage drug products
4) Support the transfer of formulation and process to scale-up and tech transfer groups and to CRO/CMOs
5) Responsible for hands on laboratory and pilot plant work, data analysis, and present findings at team meetings
6) Responsible for analytical testing of drug product including solid state and material characterization studies
6) Write reports, memos, create project database files, and support regulatory filing activities
Candidates with a desire to be part of a drug product development team responsible for oral solid dose formulation and process development. Experience in solid oral formulation development, dissolution, HPLC, and material characterization is required. Solid academic credentials demonstrating independent thinking and problem solving. Good verbal and written communication skills; good problem-solving capabilities; and good organizational skills.
Education & Experience:
PhD graduates with 2-5 years in Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science.
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in pharmacy or chemistry or chemical engineering with 5+ years of experience
Experience in small molecule oral drug product development is preferred.