Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Research Scientist on a contract basis.
• A B.S. with a 7 years, an M.S. with 5 years, or a PhD with 3 years of academic/industrial experience and demonstrated expertise in cancer biology and genetics, oncogenic signaling or DNA damage response pathways
• Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting are required.
• Strong scientific and hands-on experience using a wide range of cellular and molecular biology techniques, including tissue culture, flow cytometry, western blotting, Immunoprecipitation, development of reporter assays, MSD, ELISA, use of genetic perturbation techniques (eg shRNA,siRNA CRISPR-mediated genome editing), qRT-PCR, cell proliferation assays, lentivirus generation and transduction are required.
• Experience in forward and reverse genetic screening followed by target validation studies to elucidate mechanistic biology and oncogenic SAR is strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in utilizing software such as Graph Pad, FlowJo, Microsoft office etc. for data analysis and figure generation is required.
• Ability to lead, design, and execute on project initiatives and operates to a High Standard. Attention to detail with excellent organizational and record keeping skills is a requirement.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally, is required.
• This position is located in Cambridge, MA.