Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Sample Management on a contract basis.
Cell Therapy Product and Analytical Development (P&AD) is seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven Sample Manager to join its Critical Reagent and Sample Management team that values data quality, high productivity and teamwork. In this individual contributor, lab-based role, the sample manager will work in a collaborative environment to receive and manage the inventory of cryo-preserved samples, control and cell banks to support routine testing. This position will report to the Manager of the Critical Reagent and Sample management under Development Operation.
Key responsibilities include:
• Receive samples from various sites (update to 5 days a week) and verify sample identity according to the shipment manifest. Address discrepancy as needed.
• Ensure the chain of custody of samples are maintained throughout the life cycle of samples: receipt, handling, storage, distribution, and transfer of samples at the site
• Track samples request and stage samples for analytical testing in timely manner. Update the location of the samples in FreezerPro and communicate to the testing team.
• Shipping samples to off-site storage and request the samples back as needed.
• Schedule shipping and receiving with external and internal customers.
• Report any issue with sample labeling, scanning to the management.
• Participate in development of improved sample management workflow.
• Support of P&AD activities across the entire portfolio, include inventory management, key stakeholder collaboration, strategic planning, and coordination between multiple sites and functions.
• Associate degree with relevant industry experience or BS degree.
• Experience with liquid nitrogen, dry ice sample handling best practices.
• Ability to effectively work independently and in cross functional teams.
• Strong organizational skills and sense of urgency, responsibility, accountability, passion, and integrity.
• Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency utilizing MS Office products.
• Familiar with barcode scanning software.
• Experience with database tracking software such as FreezerPro, Benchling, or other tracking software