Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Release Train Engineer on a contract basis.
The individual should be a strong RTE (Release Train Engineer) that can support large volumes of work as part of the Insurance Train. The RTE should be able to oversee 2 to 4 scrum teams within ETS. The RTE should be able to provide guidance in the Agile process by coaching and facilitating high-performing teams to build, test and deliver various projects. You will be a steward and custodian of the Scrum process, possess a servant-leader style, and be willing to roll up your sleeves to support the team to ensure that objectives are achieved. In this senior Agile position, will require you to apply Agile values and principles to remove impediments, enhance collaboration, and ensure teams deliver value to the organization. The successful candidate must be highly skilled leader and communicator that manages timelines, resolves problems, and coaches team members on Agile methodologies.
Summary of responsibilities:
- The RTE is responsible to oversee between 2 to 4 scrum teams within ETS.
- Should be able to provide guidance in Agile, Scrum, and SAFe
- Generate necessary Inspect and Adapt metrics for the scrum teams on the program
- Support product owners with various requirements gathering and scrum activities as needed
- Actively participate in guild(s) related to SAFe and related practices
- Coach team members and other stakeholders in SAFe and Agile practices, as needed
- Provide release train engineer support services including, but not limited to, coordinating the teams from a product standpoint to help ensure that multiple
- teams working on the same release product and features plan and execute as a single release train, identifying and managing risks, facilitating release
- planning meetings, supporting the scrum of scrums, and resolving and escalating impediments
- Facilitates ART level ceremonies such as PI Planning, Scrum of Scrums, Sprint Demos, Inspect and Adapt
- Help clients embrace emerging technologies
- Create inventive solutions and meet intriguing client challenges
- Solve, fix, design and innovate
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Current PMP and PSM/CSM certifications
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Information Technology industry implementing enterprise systems and custom solutions
- 3 – 5+ years recent Scrum Master experience applying agile principles, practices and theory in an agile transformation environment in P&C Insurance industry
- Experience as a Scrum Master in an aggressive Automation development projects
- Proven ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment and participate in continual process improvement
- Proficiency in Jira is a plus
- Experience working with onshore and offshore teams
- Demonstrated team leadership and project management expertise
- Possess the judgment and ability to tailor project management approach based on project size, complexity, and team
- Knowledge with the business domain and current technology platforms to understand the projects and raise questions in order to help correctly steer them to completion.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships with employees, business partners and vendors
- Comfortable hosting meetings with various audiences, (engineers, management, or C level positions) Self-starter that requires little direction
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Ability to work independently and resolve issues with appropriate levels of judgement