Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Scientific Application Specialist on a contract basis.
• Provide application/technical support for RTMS (Real Time Modeling System) Scheduling tool by Emerson Process Management.
• Provide application/technical support for an EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) called Document Control & Archiving (part of the Syncade Suite) by Emerson Process Management.
• Operate with minimal supervision under the direction of the application SME/support lead(s).
• Work independently and in a team-oriented collaborative and cross-functional matrixed environment.
• Participate in ongoing analysis, design, validation, implementation, integration, support, and administration for one or more scientific applications.
• Manage users, groups, roles, projects, instruments and/or hardware associated with one or more scientific applications.
• Ability to communicate complex ideas to clients at their own level of understanding.
• Analyze, isolate, duplicate and resolve problems.
• Develop new and modify existing Crystal Reports, SQL/PowerShell/VB scripts.
• First, second, and third level support of Incidents, Changes, and Problems.
• Strong GxP experience, with focus on ECM (Enterprise Content Management)
• Communications – demonstrates strong listening and comprehension skills and effectively expresses thoughts and ideas both verbally and in writing.
• Continuous Learning – strives to continuously build knowledge and skills through training and development opportunities and through assessment of own strengths and weaknesses.
• Cost Consciousness – works within approved budgets and contributes to profits, revenues, and cost saving measures.
• Cooperation – works well with others, offering assistance and support to co-workers as needed.
• Customer Service – is responsive to customers needs and demonstrates the ability to handle difficult customer situations in a positive and effective manner.
• Dependability – follows company time and attendance procedures, meets commitments, and takes responsibility for own actions.
• Initiative – seeks increased responsibilities and takes independent actions and calculated risks.
• Innovation – displays original thinking and creativity and develops innovative approaches and ideas.
• Job Knowledge – is proficient in required knowledge and skills of the position including understanding how the job relates to others. Demonstrates the ability to learn and apply new skills and keeps abreast of current development. Demonstrates ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
• Problem Solving – identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information and offers alternative solutions.
• Quality – demonstrates thoroughness and accuracy and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
• Quantity – completes work in timely manner, meets productivity standards and achieves established goals.
• Safety and Security – observes Company and Customer safety and security procedures and reports unsafe work condition and security threats.
• Service Management – utilizes standard tools and technologies to track and update all aspects of the ITSM lifecycle.
• Use of Technology – demonstrates proficiency to use technology and ability to troubleshoot technological problems, keeps technical skills up to date and uses technology to increase productivity.
Optional Experience/Skills (Preferred)
• Emerson Syncade RTMS / DCA / Syncade
• C # programming
• ServiceNow ITSM
• Jenkins / CI/CD
• BPNM Modeling
• Agile Methodologies for COTS products
• Git / SVN