Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Scientific Application Specialist consultant on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ
Provides technical support for Laboratory Scheduling applications.
• Participates in ongoing analysis, design, deployment, validation, implementation, integration, support, and administration for Smart-QC.
• Manages users, groups, roles, projects, instruments and/or hardware associated with one or more scientific applications.
• Scientific knowledge or experience (analytical chemistry, process development etc.) strongly preferred.
• Knowledge or experience with Microsoft core technologies, networking, databases, and thin client technologies required.
• Manages users, groups, roles, projects, instruments and/or hardware associated with Smart-QC.
• Functional business process knowledge (for functional area of application set) strongly preferred.
• BA/BS Required.
• Requires strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate complex ideas to clients at their own level of understanding and ability to analyze, isolate, duplicate and resolve problems.
• Leads efforts in analysis, design, deployment, validation, implementation, integration, support and administration for one or more scientific applications.
• Defines, plans and implements the goals and milestones associated with bringing new groups on line or supporting existing deployments.
• Scientific knowledge or experience (manufacturing QC, etc) required.
Must Have List:
At least 7 years of prior experience working in an analyst capacity on large and/or complex projects in the Biopharmaceutical/Pharmaceutical Industry.
• Familiarity with scientific computing/IT processes.
• Experience with LIMS systems or similar scientific software
• Experience with formal SDLC practices, emphasis on Analysis & Design stages.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, physical sciences, life sciences, or logistics
• Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint