Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Scrum Master on a contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Remote)
The Scrum Master will be responsible for two scrum teams. With superior communication skills, the incumbent will ensure that the stories are delivered with high quality and on time, will also be responsible of the product delivery and release planning.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the development teams are practicing Agile principles.
- Promote continuous improvement and a collaborative team environment in order to increase productivity.
- Manage the backlog and ensure it is properly prioritized and sized as appropriate.
- Manage multiple projects of small to large scale through sprints/iterations and assist the BSA/Product Owner in breaking down the project into stories.
- Organize and facilitate all Scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, demos) and any other meetings required to unblock obstacles and drive stories completion.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint progress/burn down chart to management and any impacted entities.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams' to deliver assigned goals.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution and influence without authority.
Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Certified Scrum Master preferred.
- 5-10+ year experience as a Scrum Master in a transitioning environment.
- Experience managing combination of offshore and onshore teams.
- Experience with JIRA is a plus.
- Experience in the insurance industry is a plus.