Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Scrum Master on a long term contract basis.
Jersey City, NJ (Hybrid Option)
The Scrum Master promotes and supports the agile process within and outside the squad. This includes:
– Working with organizational resources outside the squad to help them interact effectively with the squad, remove impediments and protect them from organizational bureaucracy
– Coaching the Agile squad and the product owner on the Agile process, such as writing useful user stories and managing the backlog
– Fostering a collaborative culture and ensure the squad regularly celebrates success
– Acting as a servant leader to the squad, they are not the boss
– Planning for sprints and IBRs
– Managing blockers, obstacles and dependencies.
– Bringing together stakeholders for alignment meetings and managing ongoing relationships
– Organizing training
– Reporting on squad improvements
– Facilitating retrospectives to improve squad dynamics
– Facilitating creation and maintenance of squad artifacts such as backlog, definitions and norms etc.
Projects in support of Market Data and Research related to client integration project.
– Good understanding of software development lifecycle, waterfall and agile development principles
– Minimum 5 years of experience working in a financial institution, technology firm or project management department of a mid to large size corporation
– Background and knowledge of banking and/or digital products
– Extraordinary judgment and composure in high-pressure situations
– Excellent communication skills.
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Proficient in Microsoft tools: Excel, Visio, MS Projects, PowerPoint
– Extensive hands-on experience with JIRA on agile projects
– PMP certification preferred but not mandatory
– CSM certification or Agile experience ( min 3 years)
– Influence and leadership skills- ability to drive results and take command in a meeting or mediate in contentious situations; ability to foster an environment that is promotes teamwork
– Analytical and detail oriented- makes an effort to and is capable of understanding the subject matter and situations pertaining to each project, process, issue, etc
– Enthusiasm and curiosity- shows enthusiasm and drive to learn and ask questions both indirectly and directly related to the project
– Strategic thinker- Ability to see things big picture and not just focus on the day-to-day tasks
– Innovative- Has shown ways that he/she has gone beyond status quo to find innovative solutions to solve problems or to improve processes