Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Scrum Master on a contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Remote Work)
Mid Level Scrum Master responsible for planning and managing production support and development projects for scrum teams using Agile methodology. This includes managing activities of the application support teams providing ongoing development support and responding to production problems and user requests.
- Ensure development teams are practicing Agile principles, promote continuous improvement and a collaborative team environment to increase productivity
- Manage the backlog and ensure it is properly prioritized, sized and track work progress
- Manage small to large scale project through sprints/iterations and assist the BSA/Product Owner in breaking down the project into stories
- Organize and facilitate Scrum ceremonies (backlog grooming, planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, demos) and drive stories completion
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the teams’ ability to deliver assigned goals
- Ensure that the stories are delivered with high quality and on time and will also be responsible for release planning and product delivery
- Identify, track, and mitigate risks and dependencies; present and manage changes to project structure, scope and delivery timeframes.
- Ensure the overall success of the project by being accountable for all aspects of the project and lifecycle providing overall project transparency.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience managing combination of offshore and onshore teams
- Experience with JIRA is required
- Experience in the insurance industry is a plus
- Demonstrated team leadership and project management expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships employees, business partners and vendors
- Comfortable hosting meetings to various audiences, (engineers, management, or C level positions.)
- Comfortable voicing suggestions on project direction and approach.
- Self-starter that requires little direction.
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment.