Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior Data Engineer on a long-term contract basis.
New Haven, CT
- Seeking a savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The position is responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout the organization. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of data initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise, guidelines, and leadership in the development and implementation of integration solutions.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and design complex business applications.
- Provide hands-on development of cloud-based and enterprise integrations, leveraging web services and REST APIs that transmit data in JSON format.
- Create processes using OIC integration that are triggered by real time events to order to keep systems coordinated.
- Provide data analysis and validation.
- 3+ years hands on technical experience with building and supporting integrations using web services and APIs.
- 5+ Years Oracle PL/SQL Programming experience.
- Strong understanding of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), Oracle Integration Cloud (OIC) and Oracle Data Integrator (ODI). components & capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Databases; Ability to design a relational model to support our database warehouse.
- Experience developing complex PL SQL applications. Knowledge of ADW and Oracle APEX preferred.
- Fundamental Unix knowledge essential. Familiarity with using OCI network capabilities. Understanding of virtual cloud network (VCN) Security.
- Familiarity with Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC)and BI Administration tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree